Annoying Arrma issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it was metal that would have been amazing. and i to would highly doubt anyone stripping that out lol.
I have a few abused 4-way glow plug wrenches that have something to say about that... ;)

Use them for wheel nuts, glow plugs, flywheel nuts... over time, they round out because they aren't made out of very good stuff.

No problems here for removing the original wheels on my Typhon 6S but the over use of Loctite on some chassis screws and grubs screws (specifically on the original pinion gear) was a bit of a PITA.

Little bit of heat from my soldering iron worked to get the screws to break free though, (y)

One wheel on my v3 Talion took some time to get off the first few times. It isn't as tough now. 3 other 6s Arrmas were fine.

I have a few abused 4-way glow plug wrenches that have something to say about that... ;)

Use them for wheel nuts, glow plugs, flywheel nuts... over time, they round out because they aren't made out of very good stuff.
haha! i cant ever seem to keep ahold of the glow plug wrenches, was kind of young and dumb and tended to lose them about as fast as i could buy them back in the day, might have to re-invest in one. though i did find a pretty decent all around tool for wheel hexes and glow plugs so might not even worry.
lol at least you got some use from those though, first wheel nut i tried to remove, wasn't even trying hard just rounded right out.

That plastic tool that comes with the Granite is worthless. Throw it out along with any Allen wrenches that came with it.

That plastic tool that comes with the Granite is worthless. Throw it out along with any Allen wrenches that came with it.
was going to, but the slipper clutch tool is kind of necessary. have my own tool set so just kind of through the allens it came with in the ever growing box of just in case tools.

was going to, but the slipper clutch tool is kind of necessary. have my own tool set so just kind of through the allens it came with in the ever growing box of just in case tools.

If you have a Mega, then I can see it. But for the 3s BLX slipper the tool doesn't do squat.

it is a mega, wanted to start the lady on something a bit more controllable before we got her going on brushless lol

I never had much luck using that tool with the slipper on the truck. I would just remove the entire slipper assembly and tighten it that way. I also set mine pretty tight so that way worked best for me. Trying to loosen it with it on the truck was damn near impossible for me ?

I never had much luck using that tool with the slipper on the truck. I would just remove the entire slipper assembly and tighten it that way. I also set mine pretty tight so that way worked best for me. Trying to loosen it with it on the truck was damn near impossible for me ?
lol, will probably do that in the future once she gets more used to the truck, at this point she is still learning the truck and RC's themselves as a whole, and if it was super tight would be blowing some sort of gears. is learning really fast though, thinking next upgrade would be brushless.

I just got a 6s Senton and tried to get the wheels off for 30 min. I ended up using a torch to warm the threads. After that, they finally came off. The ones on my 6s kraton had no issues.

Mine are really tight too, my friend has a Kraton his came right off. Do you think I should heat mine too? Or what else?

I've been afraid of this forever. So many posts about over-tightened nuts and screws.
I've been fortunate so far and haven't had issues yet. Just in case though...and after I first read report of red threadlock and over-tightened nuts etc, I bought a cheap pen torch that is ready when I get trouble. I plan to get a new Kraton soon or at least something new 1:8 and 1:10 and I'm ready to deal with the trouble when it happens

I use the Benz torch to heat Allen wrench to glow orange,stick it in screw to be removed.repeat quickly 3 or 4 times an cool tool well back it out. Only use blue tight after if worried bout crews backing out.(maybe your daddy can help ya)

I use the Benz torch to heat Allen wrench to glow orange,stick it in screw to be removed.repeat quickly 3 or 4 times an cool tool well back it out. Only use blue tight after if worried bout crews backing out.(maybe your daddy can help ya)
Dad could probably help but I'm much more comfortable around high heat than he is I bet. lol. 30 years in professional kitchens and really no fear of burns at all. I've gotten to where I don't even flinch around fire or sharps.

Dad could probably help but I'm much more comfortable around high heat than he is I bet. lol. 30 years in professional kitchens and really no fear of burns at all. I've gotten to where I don't even flinch around fire or sharps.

Just ask permission before you play with matches, ok? :ROFLMAO:

Just ask permission before you play with matches, ok? :ROFLMAO:
Well, I did get in trouble with matches when I was younger. I was with a couple neighborhood kids and got into a house being built. I had matches. I started a small fire somehow it got into a refrigerator size box of scrap material. The box went up and we ran like the devil was chasing us. Fire Department came out and was able to extinguish the roof structure / framing but not before pretty serious damage.
I took the hit being directly across the street from my home. One of the kids' parents even grabbed him up and they hightailed it for a few days to keep him out of trouble. This was a small one compared to much of the stuff I put my parents through. I promise that until I was 16 or so, my ass stayed red. My dad believed in accountability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back