Kraton Another Battery Question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaro's rc yt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
So, I previously asked if I could run two 3s lipos, the same capacity but different company's... I got responses saying it's not recommended
I just found out that I have another 3s from the same company, but there is a difference, they are the same in every way, c rating, capacity, cells, but one is a Hardcase and is taller, but less long, the other one is longer and less tall and is soft case, I am not planning to run this in the long term, but would this be safer than running lipos from different companies? Thanks

It could be close enough but you still run a risk. You ideally should run two identical packs that are bought together.

Or... just buy a 6S pack and you don’t have to worry about matching packs. ??‍♂️

If they are close enough in weight and individual performance, just try it for a ‘easy’ test run config and then somewhere 70% down stop and measure all the individual cells for relative capacity used/left and that’ll give you an idea of what’s the limiting factor of the bunch and how much useable window you ideally have.

Be scientific about it and you can’t mess it up. If your really paranoid about it put 2 Lipo alarms on each balance tap lead set to ~3.5v per individual cell.

It could be close enough but you still run a risk. You ideally should run two identical packs that are bought together.

Or... just buy a 6S pack and you don’t have to worry about matching packs. ??‍♂️
If they are close enough in weight and individual performance, just try it for a ‘easy’ test run config and then somewhere 70% down stop and measure all the individual cells for relative capacity used/left and that’ll give you an idea of what’s the limiting factor of the bunch and how much useable window you ideally have.

Be scientific about it and you can’t mess it up. If your really paranoid about it put 2 Lipo alarms on each balance tap lead set to ~3.5v per individual cell.
They are the exact same weight

Dude, just buy a matched pair or brick, there are good lipos at cheap prices out there. You don't run a Ferrari on 97 octane lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back