Another body that fits the Big Rock painted today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxfan69

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Senton Mega
It hasnt been that long ago that I finished painting and fitting a Notorious body to my Big Rock, and I am still trying to be patient and not use it until I shoe goo it due to time into it. I had a JConcepts “Creep” body (meant for crawlers) that I had picked up for a Losi LMT roller project, only to find out its a little too narrow.

With the pending Hurricane Ida this weekend, it damped our other plans, so I got bored and painted this up with some Tamiya TS-5 Olive Drab. I thought Id also try my hand at a “real steel” effect, and I also wanted the Olive Drab to be dull looking. So I pealed the protection plastic off, drilled the post holes and cut the body, cleaned and scuffed both inside and out of the body, masked the windows and the bed, shot the outside with the Olive Drab, shot the inside of the bed and windows with “tinting” paint, and painted the rest of the inside of the body with silver metallic from Spaz Stix.

The only thing Im not happy with is the silver slightly tinted the bed and the windows more than I wanted, meaning I should have masked them and tinted them after the silver...Oh well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, as it is another body we can claim fits the Big Rock, and actually fits it very well.
E038EC1C-9AE1-4420-A33D-4EFBAB666243.jpeg

79A21C33-9FF3-4BE1-8E38-FE3412EA78F7.jpeg

F16FD4D6-B3D5-49C4-B979-54FD4841A596.jpeg

35391D36-A151-4FC7-8D59-4BDE85F298E2.jpeg

DB37B92F-A8E0-4EAD-9045-A0559B99E4A8.jpeg

Here is what its intended to fit on;
31770541-9B44-4115-BDB2-47604022A3E9.png

E9933354-7117-4FE6-856D-0F269F1F7E70.png

Thru a flash light in the battery tray lol
717CB735-0860-4CD4-94DA-BA4FD4D7EB39.jpeg

D9FC4678-7B09-4C4F-9331-95225CCFA538.jpeg

195FC8FD-8D21-460C-918D-5B5EFCE29805.jpeg

Last edited:
Chuck the shoe goo. And drywall fibretape.
PL Premium or PL Max and concreteboard mesh tape(almost the same as fibertape)
Guaranteed! It stands up to me!
63 MPH head on into a Kraton:
20210508_171052.jpg

Same body, just cosmetically improved in a noob moment I choose to call "technique testing"
(Enlarge video and check out that 50-70 lb block ROCK)
PL MAX:
20210614_015732.jpg
20210614_015857.jpg
20210614_015825.jpg
20210614_015809.jpg

Stands to reason that polyurethane construction adhesive is better for a polycarbonate(lexan) body.
The concreteboard mesh tape is thicker and stronger.

Last edited:
Chuck the shoe goo. And drywall fibretape.
PL Premium or PL Max and concreteboard mesh tape(almost the same as fibertape)
Guaranteed! It stands up to me!
63 MPH head on into a Kraton:View attachment 166179
Same body, just cosmetically improved in a noob moment I choose to call "technique testing"
(Enlarge video and check out that 50-70 lb block ROCK)
PL MAX:View attachment 166181View attachment 166182View attachment 166183View attachment 166184
Stands to reason that polyurethane construction adhesive is better for a polycarbonate(lexan) body.
The concreteboard mesh tape is thicker and stronger.
Sounds like good advise and thats seems like a good first body to try it on

And I see that you’ve changed the wheels too ! ….. the notorious set up you did prompted me to and my wife is still giving me dirty looks over it😆

Looks great but…… didn’t you just finish a notorious body for the big Rock?
Thats it, I blanked on the name when typing the above on my phone and said outcast. You’re right, it was a notorious body and its the one im referring to as I don't want to tear it up before shoe gooing, so its basically an excuse to paint another body.

i have become a little addicted to RC’s and painting the next new body is part of it. Im almost certain there is an air brush set up in my near future LOL...
And I see that you’ve changed the wheels too ! ….. the notorious set up you did prompted me to and my wife is still giving me dirty looks over it😆
Yeah I wanted to try some different tires as the trenchers bite so hard it was a little hard to drive the truck. No bad mind you, just a little too much bite. And my LHS has these wheel/tire combos so darn cheap you just cant help but to buy the set

It hasnt been that long ago that I finished painting and fitting a Notorious body to my Big Rock, and I am still trying to be patient and not use it until I shoe goo it due to time into it. I had a JConcepts “Creep” body (meant for crawlers) that I had picked up for a Losi LMT roller project, only to find out its a little too narrow.

With the pending Hurricane Ida this weekend, it damped our other plans, so I got bored and painted this up with some Tamiya TS-5 Olive Drab. I thought Id also try my hand at a “real steel” effect, and I also wanted the Olive Drab to be dull looking. So I pealed the protection plastic off, drilled the post holes and cut the body, cleaned and scuffed both inside and out of the body, masked the windows and the bed, shot the outside with the Olive Drab, shot the inside of the bed and windows with “tinting” paint, and painted the rest of the inside of the body with silver metallic from Spaz Stix.

The only thing Im not happy with is the silver slightly tinted the bed and the windows more than I wanted, meaning I should have masked them and tinted them after the silver...Oh well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, as it is another body we can claim fits the Big Rock, and actually fits it very well.
View attachment 166144
View attachment 166145
View attachment 166146
View attachment 166147
View attachment 166148
View attachment 166149
View attachment 166150
View attachment 166151
View attachment 166152
View attachment 166153
While scanning the threads for body ideas for my BR I came across this BA looking setup. Then in my Facebook feed I see this pulling truck.
FB_IMG_1648122896483.jpg

Just wanted to show some love to your truck @mxfan69

View attachment 166144
View attachment 166145
View attachment 166146
View attachment 166147
View attachment 166148
View attachment 166149
View attachment 166150
View attachment 166151
View attachment 166152
View attachment 166153
If the movie lightning ⚡ McQueen had a monster truck in it this would be perfect.i can see a pair of 👀 on the windshield and a smile on the bumper👍😁
Ik this thread is old .lol but sometimes people still view them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back