another broken nero rod end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huck954rr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
hey guys! so after some light bashing and a cartwheel I pulled the rod end out of one of my pushrods. looks like the rod ends are not due till late april and I would like to use it a bit before that. I wanted to see what you guys use as far as rod end go for a replacement that's not from arrma. I have seen people use a variety of different things but would like to know what has worked the best for some.

Do you already moved the shocks more inward?
In the most cases the rod end will worn out, bend or break if the suspension moves totally out and get a knock from the top.
Check you're rocker arms for that.
If they moves in direction forward ( shock rod moves out) the rotation will give force on the rod connection.
The best solution made Greg (check GKA Rocker arms in this forum). Also you can buy other spring cups from Hobao which gives a bit more space in that area.

I had them on the 3rd inner hole at the time. I have gka rockers but not installed. have the hobao cups on the way. I'm just looking to see what I can get set up for a rod end that will work a little better after I get all the rest of the stuff in.

hm, I am nearly sure that you don´t need an new rod end again if you had done the mod.
I just moved the shocks so far to the middle as I could. Then I mounted the Hobao cups and till yet no broken shock rod end.

No rod end but front wheel hub. Hard landing on frozen snow. It was realy fun. First real long jump with full throttle 4s power.

associated 89077, Thunder Tiger MT4 rod ends, Associated 8ight rod ends, I just have the stock ones. They sent me a pack that looked thicker than the originals.

I had them on the 3rd inner hole at the time. I have gka rockers but not installed. have the hobao cups on the way. I'm just looking to see what I can get set up for a rod end that will work a little better after I get all the rest of the stuff in.
Hi can you share with me that Hobao part number? TIA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back