Kraton Another 'Cleaning' Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerljj1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Read up on threads that adress 'How to clean RC'. Several state, "I wash it under running water, etc". What exactly does that mean? Take body off and wet entire underside and opposite side? Everything gets soaked? Motor, ESC, servos, etc?

Or do you take certain parts off and/or cover them?

Gonna do my first cleaning. Thx!!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 63
Depends on how dirty it is.

If it's just dirt and dust an air compressor, a brush and a damp towel suffice.

If it's caked with mud, take the tires and body off, remove any non waterproof electronics and either put in the bathtub or use the garden hose. Hit up any stubborn stuff with a tooth brush. Cheap paint brushes work as well. Make sure to thoroughly dry your car and hit up any metal with some pb blaster or wd40.

IMG_0045.JPG
Perfect! Thanks. Wife bought me these for Father's Day for my son's HPI Truck and Kraton:

We typically run on grass but last week was in dirt with sprinklers on.

I never submerge a truck in water. Too hard on bearings. If its that bad ill dissasemble a few parts to get into the nooks. I like using damp cloth and wet and dry q tips for the detail work.

Agree! Would never submerge or place under running water after a ton of reading. Gonna use the truwash to clean it.

Thank you!

I never submerge a truck in water. Too hard on bearings. If its that bad ill dissasemble a few parts to get into the nooks. I like using damp cloth and wet and dry q tips for the detail work.
I was going to say, nobody has mentioned how it screws up the bearings. I don't get muddy because I don't like to run in those conditions but I would scrape the easy to get to areas with a plastic scraper and let the rest fly off on it's own on the next dry run.

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
I was going to say, nobody has mentioned how it screws up the bearings. I don't get muddy because I don't like to run in those conditions but I would scrape the easy to get to areas with a plastic scraper and let the rest fly off on it's own on the next dry run.
Agree. Never ridden mine in water but guy at track turned on sprinklers so got wet and then dirt/dust dried on it as was visiting friends and didn't have chance to clean it right away; it's not bad at all.

Thx! Will make sure to lube all applicable parts!

I use baby wipes.
Gives your car a nice smell too, haha!
You know I remember hearing someone else on a different forum saying they used baby wipes. I wonder if those sanitizing wipes would work as well.

And I should have mentioned that if doing the "bath" you should disassemble the vehicle and re-lube your bearings.

When spraying down your vehicle with the garden hose and you have rubber sealed bearings, unless you are drowning the bearings in water, I doubt much if any will get.

Last edited:
Never used SG. This smells lemony-citrus; pretty nice. Next time using SG just to comparre products.

IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
Brush was absolutely the star!! Cleaned son's to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back