Kraton Another 'Cleaning' Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0075.JPG
Remember; this is for a cleaning NOT using running water or soaking Kraton in water.

First I used Xpower air blaster to get what I could blasted away.

Cleaned it in 3 parts and 3 sections:

Part 1- Cleaning (Note: small angled brush is key to get in crevices.)

Sec 1 Front: sprayed liberally entire section with Protek Truwash. Over and under sides, crevices, etc.; basically everything in front of steering servo. Let sit for 3 minutes and then used spray bottle with just water to rinse. Used brush to give it thorough cleaning as I rinsed wash off it. Paper towels to assist with cleaning/drying.

Sec 3 Rear: same as sec 1.

Sec 2 Mid: mixed Truwash (25%) with water (75%) in small bowl. No spraying due to electronics!! Used paintbrush, dip in bowl solution, and brush all mid section. Careful attention paid to electronics but did brush over ESC housing, steering servo, and motor with almost dry brush with very little solution on it. Same with all wires. Paper towels to assist with cleaning/drying.

Part 2: Lube
Used Cow RC Moo Slick to lube all metal parts: bolts, screws, bearings, dog bone connections, shocks points, servo arm connectors, etc. wipe down excess with paper towels.

Part 3: Final protectant!!
Used Protek TruShield and lightly sprayed entire car, everything. This spray is a very vey fine, very light mist (was impressed). Used same paintbrush (cleaned) to brush in TruShield in all areas.

Lastly used Xpower Air Blaster to give it final air blast.

Wala !!

Now this was my first time cleaning so by no means am I an expert. Not sure if I should have done things differently but it did come out great as never used any ruining water to soak or clean car.

Good luck all!

Am I the only one who uses the Simple green, denatured alcohol and wd40 mixed together?
I've not seen anyone here mention that mixture before so I would say probably yes.

That said as I've mentioned several times here, Simple Green mixed with water makes for a perfect cleaning solution that's not only very effective but also pretty darn cheap.

I've not seen anyone here mention that mixture before so I would say probably yes.

That said as I've mentioned several times here, Simple Green mixed with water makes for a perfect cleaning solution that's not only very effective but also pretty darn cheap.
That was the first video that popped up when I searched for rc cleaner on Google when I first got into rc. Its still one of the first videos that comes up.

Thanks. Now remember reading it. Was looking into info on how exactly to wash it using the 'soaking' method. Was worried about getting alectronics/bearings soaked so why this thread. Great info by all!!

Fortunately in FL, our dirt/mud is really just particles of sand stuck together with moisture. Let it dry out and blow off with air compressor gets it pretty clean. Sometimes I grab an old toothbrush and get the crevices. Take off the wheels and scrub them once in a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back