Limitless Another driveshaft gone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Less than two seconds. It chewed it out and bent it.. rear diff spins free. Just like the front.. Haven't torn it down yet. But two rear shafts are now tossed.. nothing is binding.. thinking that I'm getting too much flex or something..finished it off being fwd did a couple passes. 75mph and whole time spinning. I left some great black marks! Uploading the few passes as we speak. I'll add it once it's uploaded.

20220423_085702.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-085334_GNSS PA.jpg

Stop running stock drive shafts. There are a few different aftermaket ones you can go with that are much better. They will cost a bit more than stock depending on what you go with. I have a TI drive shaft from Scorched Parts RC.
Already ordered I'm not doing it for the 3rd time

Yeah I’d never run those drive shafts. I take my chances with the stock front and rear shafts but that center shaft can’t take any real pressure. I go with scorched or Raz shafts
Already ordered I'm not doing it for the 3rd time

I like how straight your passes are

Yeah I’d never run those drive shafts. I take my chances with the stock front and rear shafts but that center shaft can’t take any real pressure. I go with scorched or Raz shafts

I like how straight your passes are
Not shabby for being fwd 😅

Thats sucks man! I run my stock shaft at around 85-88 mph with no bend at all. Still going to upgrade but for now its holding.
I'm not even getting that. It instantly just bends em and tosses em. I've got deep into it and figure it out. Just haven't yet.

I'm not even getting that. It instantly just bends em and tosses em. I've got deep into it and figure it out. Just haven't yet.
Check the input gear cups for wobble. I'm having a hell of a time on my new build getting them perfectly true. Maybe I'm being OCD about it, I dunno. I ordered 2 new input gears to rule those out. Think I might order the scorched cups also. On my current Limitless the front cup has a slight wobble and I can see the Scorched shaft moving some. It bothers the crap out of me but I haven't had any issues with the Scorched shafts/pinnochio spool. On the new build I'm taking my time and getting everything the way I want it.

Check the input gear cups for wobble. I'm having a hell of a time on my new build getting them perfectly true. Maybe I'm being OCD about it, I dunno. I ordered 2 new input gears to rule those out. Think I might order the scorched cups also. On my current Limitless the front cup has a slight wobble and I can see the Scorched shaft moving some. It bothers the crap out of me but I haven't had any issues with the Scorched shafts/pinnochio spool. On the new build I'm taking my time and getting everything the way I want it.

It's funked..
It has so much wobble. This would be from the first castle motor locking up. But there no damage to the ring gear. Which is kind of a surprise

Yea that needs a shim, or 3. What about side to side wobble? Stick a 2.5mm bit in a drill and then stick it into the wheel hex hub and spin her up. See how it looks while spinning. That's my issue.
Side to side is horrible.. I think that the bearing are done.. I've already bought a new input cup since I have to drill this one out and a new input shaft.. hopefully after this cures everything. If not. I'm just going to buy a hobao 🤣

Side to side is horrible.. I think that the bearing are done.. I've already bought a new input cup since I have to drill this one out and a new input shaft.. hopefully after this cures everything. If not. I'm just going to buy a hobao 🤣
Also buy good center shafts and that will fix your issue. Those cups are a Mfer to get off. Even after the grub comes off they're still stuck. I had to heat the crap out of the whole cup. My lower hinge pin retainer started sizzling a little. :LOL:

Also buy good center shafts and that will fix your issue. Those cups are a Mfer to get off. Even after the grub comes off they're still stuck. I had to heat the crap out of the whole cup. My lower hinge pin retainer started sizzling a little. :LOL:
This is why I've been slacking on switching my felony rear diff. The thought of removing the input gear makes me want to stab myself 🤣

This is why I've been slacking on switching my felony rear diff. The thought of removing the input gear makes me want to stab myself 🤣
It's work but not that bad once you get the hang of it. After the third time I folded up some tin foil and wrapped it behind the cup. It absorbed a lot of the heat so the retainer didn't sizzle anymore. A good micro torch is key. Soldering iron may work but I doubt it since they use loctite on the shaft also hence the reason I had to heat the whole cup up after I conquered the grub screw.

Mine just came out. Easy minus the drilling the grub screw out since it had a ton of arrma famous locktight.... but I believe that the rear bearing are bad! They have play side to side and up and down.
Edit. I forgot what way I took the diff out 🤣

Mine just came out. Easy minus the drilling the grub screw out since it had a ton of arrma famous locktight.... but I believe that the rear bearing are bad! They have play side to side and up and down.
Sounds like it. Another reason I'm eyeing the Vitavon diff cases for the new build. I like the oversized front bearing. Figured I'd offset the weight difference by putting on CF shock towers and a few other things. Not a fan of adding aluminum but I feel like as long as I run the stock arms I'll be ok. Not like I'm bashing with it anyways. If wrecks at well over 100 its a crapshoot no matter what I'm using, IMO.
Edit. I forgot what way I took the diff out 🤣
Ring is on the right while looking at it from the rear. lol. Been there done that.

Last edited:
Sounds like it. Another reason I'm eyeing the Vitavon diff cases for the new build. I like the oversized front bearing. Figured I'd offset the weight difference by putting on CF shock towers and a few other things. Not a fan of adding aluminum but I feel like as long as I run the stock arms I'll be ok. Not like I'm bashing with it anyways. If wrecks at well over 100 its a crapshoot no matter what I'm using, IMO.
Yeah. Not a bad idea. I going to order this instead. For now. Since the input gear is bent as well. The whole rear sounds like sand paper.. going to just ordered two of em. And be done for a while. If it does it after that though 🤷 it's a project for a reason lol
Might as well do the front. As well

Screenshot_20220424-165704_Chrome.jpg

Yeah. Not a bad idea. I going to order this instead. For now. Since the input gear is bent as well. The whole rear sounds like sand paper.. going to just ordered two of em. And be done for a while. If it does it after that though 🤷 it's a project for a reason lol
Might as well do the front. As well

View attachment 213822
I just ordered one today also to have on hand for spare parts. And I wanted the case. The bottom right diff cover screw hole was stripped from the factory. :cautious:
Easier pill to swallow at the moment instead of $200 for diff cases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back