Kraton Another exb build, my first electric car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dak08

Fairly New Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello 👋
This is my first post here. I haven't had an rc car since the t maxx 3.3 came out(15 years ago 🤔). So its been a while.
I did some research I thought this set up would put the biggest smile on my face.
Kraton exb
Castle mamba monster 8s
Castle 1717 1650kv
B-link(this is sweet!)
RR 20t pinion
AGFrc 32KG
Dumbo controller
M2C rear shock tower brace
RPM mud guards
ZEEE 5200 80c battery
SMC battery on the way
I when got my exb I went through all the diffs. They all where pretty much filled with fluid. And it had lsd plates in the rear. I added some shims(LOSA3501) under the outdrive retaining pins, that fixed the small amount of play they had. The ring and pinion was nice and tight with no play side to side at the pumpkin(it had on shim from the factory on the ring side).
Front 30k min lsd setting
Center 200k
Rear 20k min lsd setting

I took it for it's first drive(two battery's). Man is this thing fast for a guy that hasn't touched an RC car in 15 years. Everything went well! I didn't even break anything! My motor temps got around 165. I think I might need a fan set up? I know nothing other then a couple days of research. So if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear.

20210109_183951.jpg

20210109_193057.jpg

20210109_193222.jpg

20210109_193105.jpg

Any tips or advice for someone new is more then welcome!

My EXB is a copy of yours lol---they are very sweet rigs for sure!!! What did you use to mount your ESC? The 1717 combo is a beast--wow
Nice! Yeah sure is fun, I feel like a happy kid again lol. I used ProTek R/C Clear Double Sided Tape. Should I used a zip tie also? Or different tape?

Welome and sweet rig👍
Motor temps are close to the max, so fan(s) is a good idea.
Yeah Racing heatsink with two fans should do it.
I looked at yeah racing I didn't see any heatsinks that would fit 47.6mm 1717 motor.. seems to be a hard size to find. I've been looking at the k8s fan set up but there all sold out..

I looked at yeah racing I didn't see any heatsinks that would fit 47.6mm 1717 motor.. seems to be a hard size to find. I've been looking at the k8s fan set up but there all sold out..
oops forgot you git a big block👊. Yeah think you need the K8 or Xmaxx heatsink.

hows that servo? have you had a chance to power it on and test it out?
i have the 36kg version coming today. wondering if i should exchange it and save myself $30

hows that servo? have you had a chance to power it on and test it out?
i have the 36kg version coming today. wondering if i should exchange it and save myself $30
I like it so far. I have it powered to 7.5v seem to be fast and do it's job. I'm new to the rc world so I don't have much to compair it to.. I read good things about it that's why I picked it out.

Small update.
I've ran around 7-8 packs though it.(nothing has broke! 😲) So much fun! Really enjoying it. At first my girl wasn't to thrilled about me buying a rc car. But after she saw how much fun the dog was having chasing it, I think it changed her mind. I think I need to buy more ”dog toys” 🛻!

I ordered a k8s heatsink and two 30mm fans.
Thinking about upgrading the transmitter something I could use in a crawler also. Let me know if you have any recommendations?
Screenshot_20210115-165118_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-171322_Instagram.jpg

how’s that 20T coming along?
Good. Seems to have good wheelie power any speed I need it. Motor temps seem to hover around 140-155(outside temp 45) so not to bad?. I've got k8s heatsink and fans coming. I might try a 21t or 22t when the fans come, just to see.

Are you running 18t on a 1717? How do you like it?

Yeh running 18T, power is there for sure almost too much power. Went to 6S backflips and hopefully it will slip just a little more on grass, if not I’m going to the 20T like everyone else. I’m running 6S 100C

Small update.
I've ran around 7-8 packs though it.(nothing has broke! 😲) So much fun! Really enjoying it. At first my girl wasn't to thrilled about me buying a rc car. But after she saw how much fun the dog was having chasing it, I think it changed her mind. I think I need to buy more ”dog toys” 🛻!
Dog toys! Love it, need a dog now!

Hello 👋
This is my first post here. I haven't had an rc car since the t maxx 3.3 came out(15 years ago 🤔). So its been a while.
I did some research I thought this set up would put the biggest smile on my face.
Kraton exb
Castle mamba monster 8s
Castle 1717 1650kv
B-link(this is sweet!)
RR 20t pinion
AGFrc 32KG
Dumbo controller
M2C rear shock tower brace
RPM mud guards
ZEEE 5200 80c battery
SMC battery on the way
I when got my exb I went through all the diffs. They all where pretty much filled with fluid. And it had lsd plates in the rear. I added some shims(LOSA3501) under the outdrive retaining pins, that fixed the small amount of play they had. The ring and pinion was nice and tight with no play side to side at the pumpkin(it had on shim from the factory on the ring side).
Front 30k min lsd setting
Center 200k
Rear 20k min lsd setting

I took it for it's first drive(two battery's). Man is this thing fast for a guy that hasn't touched an RC car in 15 years. Everything went well! I didn't even break anything! My motor temps got around 165. I think I might need a fan set up? I know nothing other then a couple days of research. So if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear.

Any tips or advice for someone new is more then welcome!

hey, do you have a link to the braided wire covers you are using? I have a similar setup and that wire covering makes it look really polished.

I would highly recommend getting the front battery tray and running the battery there .... give you some nice weight up front without having to add a bunch of brass

So this thing is way way tougher than my old t-maxx 3.3. Witch is good for the most part, but bad because I don't get wrenching time. So instead I bought upgraded parts. Lol 🤣

Stuff I've added.
Castle longer sensor wire(plugs directly into the ESC.)
Switched receivers to the fs GT5 (I use the my trx4 also)
Fast eddies steering bearings
Added and shim to the servo saver
Outcast side guards
M2C chassis
M2C rear hinge pin kit
M2C front hinge pins
M2C wheel nuts
M2C upper shock pins
M2C zrs shocks

Installation of the shocks went pretty smooth. Watching @East tactics youtube video definitely helped! You definitely need to clear the little flaps left by the machine in the shock pistons, and make sure the shock caps thighten down all the way with out the seal. I did notice you gain little bit of shock height with the new caps, kinda nice. I just finished with the install so hopefully I can go run it tomorrow!

20210125_182614.jpg

20210127_212311.jpg

20210127_212256.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back