Felony Another gearing question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
Picked up a roller felony. Picked up a front diff , kraton hubs and hexes for rear.

Anyway I picked up a 42 spur and wanted to know what size pinion to toss in for 80+ performance. Running stock Blx system (not spektrum) and 40mm fan. Not looking to go wild. Manly for street bashing on GRP's and a Corvette body.

If I want to go faster, I'll change the Esc/motor.

Stock is 16t and speed pinion that comes with it is 27t, 27t will yield you temp spikes and with a 40mm fan i wouldnt recommend it, might try adding another 40mm fan and also adding a fan to that esc, check out game changer fans if your running 27t +

The smallest pinion that will fit in the stock mount with a 42t spur is 20t and that should give you a top speed of 85-86mph on 6s but that’s honestly about as much as you can expect to push a blx esc

The smallest pinion that will fit in the stock mount with a 42t spur is 20t and that should give you a top speed of 85-86mph on 6s but that’s honestly about as much as you can expect to push a blx esc
That all I wanted to do. I have a 20t pinion. If I want more speed Ill get a MMX8

Picked up a roller felony. Picked up a front diff , kraton hubs and hexes for rear.

Anyway I picked up a 42 spur and wanted to know what size pinion to toss in for 80+ performance. Running stock Blx system (not spektrum) and 40mm fan. Not looking to go wild. Manly for street bashing on GRP's and a Corvette body.

If I want to go faster, I'll change the Esc/motor.
Why a 42T spur? Did you really mean stock 46T spur size?
Because you are trying to gear it for bashing, not speed running if I am correct.
I said the same. 46T spur( stocker) for bashing. Better range of gearing. Both for bashing and some good speed runs with the stocker electrics.

@TheBadazz, are you running GP5 gears front and rear?
Best to use a gear calculator, you would need the final drive ratio of your diffs.

Last edited:
This is a temp setup. Running grps all around. I have a extra set so I don't have to buy any hoons. Next.year I get the MMX8 with a 4082 1550kv motor for more speed. I went 42 spur for something different will eventually use a 39 spool I have sitting around.

Gearing a stock blx esc and motor into the 80’s for bashing is not a safe setup for temps unless it’s near freezing outside. You’ll run hot after just a few minutes of bashing geared that high. For an entire pack of street bashing you’ll need to gear down for a top speed closer to 60-65 to keep temps in check

Ok I'll back It down to a 17-18 gear.

Gearing a stock blx esc and motor into the 80’s for bashing is not a safe setup for temps unless it’s near freezing outside. You’ll run hot after just a few minutes of bashing geared that high. For an entire pack of street bashing you’ll need to gear down for a top speed closer to 60-65 to keep temps in check
^^^ This

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back