Another - Hey I got my body lined - Post Patriot Liner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob.boost

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I found a thread where someone tried a bunch of different combinations of things to reinforce the shell. I took that and tried a few different things like liquid flex seal out of a can (messy and didn't meet expectations), spray on liner which was not thick enough to do much for protection, and with multiple layers it would crack and not bend well enough (decent finish though).

I found a local shop a few miles away that did Patriot Liner. I spent 10 minutes taping it up and it took them 5 minutes to spray. Went home and drilled the holes, trimmed the edges and mounted up the clipless system.

I will be doing this to the rest of my body shells for sure. HUGE time saver.

BTW this is for my Kraton 6s with the sledge conversion.

Shell Liner.jpg

20230120_102115.jpg

20230120_102012.jpg

So I found a thread where someone tried a bunch of different combinations of things to reinforce the shell. I took that and tried a few different things like liquid flex seal out of a can (messy and didn't meet expectations), spray on liner which was not thick enough to do much for protection, and with multiple layers it would crack and not bend well enough (decent finish though).

I found a local shop a few miles away that did Patriot Liner. I spent 10 minutes taping it up and it took them 5 minutes to spray. Went home and drilled the holes, trimmed the edges and mounted up the clipless system.

I will be doing this to the rest of my body shells for sure. HUGE time saver.

BTW this is for my Kraton 6s with the sledge conversion.

View attachment 271462

View attachment 271463

View attachment 271464
If ya don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

Wait... you can install a clip less body on a kraton? Any links on how you did this?
You have to purchase the 2 carbon fiber shock towers from basherqueen, then the clips that mount to that.

If you do a search on youtube there is a step by step on how to do it. Next step I will get a custom painted sledge shell.

You have to purchase the 2 carbon fiber shock towers from basherqueen, then the clips that mount to that.

If you do a search on youtube there is a step by step on how to do it. Next step I will get a custom painted sledge shell.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll look it up on YT for more details.

Thanks for sharing this, did you weigh it before and after? I wonder how it compares to drywall tape & Shoe-Goo.

Edit: I went to a local place that does bedliner. No, they actually sub it to a place 30 minutes away. I asked for a "gustimate" and was told $180! I declined. There is another closer to work work I need to check with.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back