Another Kraton 6S EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doodlsquid

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Fairly new to RC, purchased a used Typhon 6S about a year ago. Starting with a car that can go 70MPH+ is not without it's dangers and regretfully I ended up bending the chassis in a terrible accident - but replacing it was a great way to get my hands dirty and learn a bit more of the maintenance part of the hobby.

So, onto the Kraton. While the Typhon is definitely an excellent all-rounder I found myself more and more wanting to give the Kraton a try due to it's extra ride height. Then they released the EXB and I said, what the hell.

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

Build List:
  • Hobbywing EzRun Max 8
  • 4274 2200KV motor
  • 14T pinion gear
  • JX Ecoboost CLS6336HV 36kg servo
  • Yeah Racing motor heatsink
  • 2x 25mm Wild TurboFans (w/ Yeah Racing fan guards)
  • Rear diff installed with Arrma LSD parts and filled up with 10,000 CST oil
  • Custom Kraton 6S body w/ LED lights - Many thanks to Comp0 for designing this; unfortunately, the colour choice was my idea ;)
  • RPM rear skid plate
  • Arrma Wheelie Bar
  • Murat-rc.pl shock socks
  • Dusty Motors Kraton shroud
  • Chassis protected with clear vinyl
IMG_4563.jpg

... ... ...

Fast forward 2 months...

IMG_E0018.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

What a journey that has been. The Kraton landed on my doorstep in mid August and I've been building it bit by bit in the spare time that I have got. I hit a major roadblock when I took apart the diffs to install the LSD plates. After screwing everything back together the gears were too tight to turn and didn't feel right at all. After being just about ready to give up and purchase a premade open diff Arrma posted a very helpful vid on their Youtube channel. After following it through and installing the plates in the correct orientation the diff now feels good but will see how it stands up to scrutiny.

1602761098206.png

Going to take it for a shakedown run very soon despite the bad weather. I know there have been some concerns with the quality control out of the box but hopefully everything is well. Hoping the shroud, shock stocks and protection to the underside of the chassis plays it's part in keeping it from getting too trashed in these dingy Autumn months.

IMG_4582.jpg

Shoutout to Comp0 and ArrmaAimee for all their help over the last few weeks!

Last edited:
Looks nice other than the paint color. Do they call that baby diarrhea or what ??✌?✌? Sorry I couldn’t help.

Interested if that 2200kv is going to run hot, even with all the cooling. Might have been better to go with something under 2000kv like the 1730 or 1650. I guess time will tell.

Looks nice other than the paint color. Do they call that baby diarrhea or what ??✌?✌? Sorry I couldn’t help.

Interested if that 2200kv is going to run hot, even with all the cooling. Might have been better to go with something under 2000kv like the 1730 or 1650. I guess time will tell.

If you've got mustard sharts then it's time to see the doc bruh :p

Should be OK on the 14T especially with the weather we're having. We'll know soon enough :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back