Kraton Another Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I’ve got another issue with my truck. The front end is extremely sloppy and I can’t figure it out no matter what I try. I’ve upgraded the servo saver spring to exb along with a c-clip, hot racing bellcrank with shims on the posts, exb Ackerman bar, upper exb hinge pins and an exb servo mount. My front end is still wobbling like crazy in reverse and is noticeably sloppy just shaking the wheel by hand. The left side seems to be worse than the right side…. The only obvious issues I see are the upper a-arms have a little play in them and the Ackerman bushings are slightly loose in the exb Ackerman bar. Has anyone had similar issues and if so, is there something I’m overlooking?
this should help you fix the issue

After everything you've done, the pillow balls are a big one, and Arrma sells a bushing kit for the control arm pins. I've done all of the above, and at the end of the day, I had to accept that they're toy trucks that are fun to drive regardless of a little slop in the setup.

One big thing being overlooked with assembled kits even so called roller kits is that they will run forever without adjustments or maintenance. Having been in RC for over 30 years, everything used to be in kit form only. As you assemble your car you get educated as to what you are building and its function.
Now it's fast food mentality, you got the money you can get one. They expect it to perform flawlessly whatever you throw at them.

One big thing being overlooked with assembled kits even so called roller kits is that they will run forever without adjustments or maintenance. Having been in RC for over 30 years, everything used to be in kit form only. As you assemble your car you get educated as to what you are building and its function.
Now it's fast food mentality, you got the money you can get one. They expect it to perform flawlessly whatever you throw at them.
No, I don't think that...he just has a little play he wants to get rid of...

Start with the pillar balls as mentioned. Arrmas are pretty sloppy to begin with. As you crash and cart wheel your rig, over time the arms get sloppier on the suspension pins and or you lose the chamber adjusting shims. Also the suspension mounts themselves will wear or get egged shaped from crashing. The internal workings of servos can get some play as well. Add this up little by little and it can become annoying.
Forgot...links get egged shape too...

Have you by chance seen this video.
Actually, I hadn’t seen that video. But I forgot to mention that I also installed the HR steering blocks and they are adjusted correctly according to the video. I’m thinking that the print may be in the HR bellcrank assembly or the Ackerman bar, just can’t figure out what’s wrong.
No, I don't think that...he just has a little play he wants to get rid of...

Start with the pillar balls as mentioned. Arrmas are pretty sloppy to begin with. As you crash and cart wheel your rig, over time the arms get sloppier on the suspension pins and or you lose the chamber adjusting shims. Also the suspension mounts themselves will wear or get egged shaped from crashing. The internal workings of servos can get some play as well. Add this up little by little and it can become annoying.
Forgot...links get egged shape too...
First of all, Thank you. Second and sadly, I hadn’t considered the servo giving me any trouble considering I’ve only got 4 packs through this truck and it’s had zero airtime. But after reading your post I checked it out and it does seem a little weak. (1/16-1/8 or so play on the horn without hearing the motor turn.). I’ll replace it tomorrow and see how it goes. Thank you again!

Last edited:
When you get a new horn, get this kind. It will secure it better on output splines than a screw on top only

Screenshot_20210621-205749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back