Kraton Another Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonkhall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
When I was a teenager, I was deep into rc racing with my buddies at a local track until each of us moved away, 1 by 1 and the fun was over. 15 years ago I got back into the hobby with a nitro revo… fast forward 3 months, and I was over it again. Now, just a few weeks ago, I was reintroduced to it, only this time it was a brushless 6s monster truck (by redcat) and I was hooked all over again. It’s incredible how far we’ve come technologically since the 80’s.
Anyway, after days and weeks of research, I decided on my Kraton 6s V5 and I’m hoping to build this thing into a tank with suggestions from all of you. It just seems no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to find exact answers within the search, so here we go.
Which servo seems to be working best for general bashing?
Is there a heatsink and fan that works great on the stock motor?
Are the exb upgrades holding up well?
Is the Flysky Noble NB4 as great as I’m hearing as far as range and features? And is it leaps and bounds better than the stock transmitter?
That’s all for now, but I plan on updating the post after each upgrade and look forward to visiting with whoever wants to give me some advice.
image.jpg
image.jpg

First time out, already flipped it lol

Get the Amazon special DS3235 servo. Cheap, digital, strong and metal gears.

Powerhobby, Yeah Racing and Nitro Hobbies all make good heatsinks and fans that will be good for the Kraton. Just get the right size for your motor.

Don't heve an EXB but heard the upgrades are good. But, check out M2C Racing before you upgrade to EXB parts. M2C parts are awesome and extremely strong. Especially their chassis.

And, yes, the Flysky Noble NB4 is definitely leaps and bounds better than the stock RTR transmitter.

Last edited:
Get Mojave roof rails for it. Vorteks has roof rails you might be able to use too.
Flysky GT5 should be okay, comes with AVC.
Thank you! I’ll look into the roof rails.
Get the Amazon special DS3235 servo. Cheap, digital, strong and metal gears.

Powerhobby, Yeah Racing and Nitro Hobbies all make good heatsinks and fans that will be good for the Kraton. Just get the right size for your motor.

Don't gave an EXB but heard the upgrades are good. But, check out M2C Racing before you upgrade to EXB parts. M2C parts are awesome and extremely strong. Especially their chassis.

And, yes, the Flysky Noble NB4 is definitely leaps and bounds better than the stock RTR transmitter.
Thank you for the advice! I’ll definitely be checking out the M2C racing.

For me the 2 utmost upgrade are these.
Roof rails because Kratons love to slide upside down.
M2C rear tower brace to transfer wing mount impact to main chassis. Also keeps the tower in place when the wing screws snap off

20210608_114549.jpg

20210608_114611.jpg

Just completed RPM wing mount plus support from an idea in the forum. I hope it will last longer than the stock part.

View attachment 150989

View attachment 150990

View attachment 150991
I have used every wing mount so far, except the RPM with a brace like you have.

The only one I have had hold up so far (2 months) was my 3d printed TPU wing mounts, They flex and bend with impacts and the only time I had one break, was the mount ripping out of the screw (wont damage screw holes, or bend screws). I re-designed it to have less infill, so its more flexible and its been working great.

I have even had it fold under one of the shocks and I just bend it back and its good to go.

I really like the protection yours has for the rear shocks though. Let us know how it works out.

Just completed RPM wing mount plus support from an idea in the forum. I hope it will last longer than the stock part.
It'll be interesting to see how the added turnbuckle mod works out. It triangulates the lateral motion of the wing, so it might help if it gets hit from the side, but it would act as a hinge for the longitudinal motion, so if you had a hard buttside-down landing it might not do much. Can't hurt, though.

Actually damage starts with the screws shearing at the shock tower but I kept bashing so on the next upside down landing the stock mounts take impact breaking in the process. Add to that now only the 2 lower screws hold the tower onto the bulkhead, they come undone. My solution to this is use longer screws with a nylock on the other side plus the M2C taking care of the upper area.

Fingers crossed it helps the rigidity.

View attachment 150989

View attachment 150990

View attachment 150991
That looks awesome! I’m curious to hear how it all holds up!
For me the 2 utmost upgrade are these.
Roof rails because Kratons love to slide upside down.
M2C rear tower brace to transfer wing mount impact to main chassis. Also keeps the tower in place when the wing screws snap off

View attachment 150949

View attachment 150950
Per your previous recommendation, my roof rails are arriving today. Next, I’ll start picking up my m2c stuff… that support bracket looks great!

That looks awesome! I’m curious to hear how it all holds up!

Per your previous recommendation, my roof rails are arriving today. Next, I’ll start picking up my m2c stuff… that support bracket looks great!
Great, you will need screws and locknut for the rails.

Just an update on my progress… I installed the Hot Racing Bellcrank in conjunction with the EXB servo saver spring and 1, 1/2 external snap ring. Made an incredible difference in the control and steering of the truck! I can even backup in a straight line without my front tires swinging back and forth. All I’m waiting on now is the aluminum servo mount so I can mount the new servo and Hot Racing servo horn.
B7038AE7-48DC-4479-A580-642A19A51769.jpeg

Well, the servo mount arrived and got it everything installed. Ran many function tests along the way and all was good. Set it on the ground for a final test and it stopped working! Sounds stripped and/or weak right out of the box. For reference, it’s the amazon ds3235… is there a better one for less than $100 that anyone can recommend?

Well, the servo mount arrived and got it everything installed. Ran many function tests along the way and all was good. Set it on the ground for a final test and it stopped working! Sounds stripped and/or weak right out of the box. For reference, it’s the amazon ds3235… is there a better one for less than $100 that anyone can recommend?
I had this happen to me also. It was just bad from the get go. Send it back and they will send you another one. My replacement has been working great in my Notorious for a while now and I bash pretty hard! Either that or you can go with one of these....very popular and very good!
https://www.amazon.com/Ecoboost-CLS...d-games&sprefix=JX+,toys-and-games,424&sr=1-6

Re: Servo - take a look at

JX Servo BLS-HV7146MG 46kg Brushless High Precision Steel Gear Full CNC Digital Servo for 1/5 RC Car Truck​

been using these in all my RC - about $60

Absolutely recommend the NHX dual fan and heatsink. Great quality, super fast fan and its helped keep my motor cool.

I just finished a bash where i was running x2 gensacearespammers 8000mah lipos, getting about 50 mins run time with some really hard finger down on the throttle driving and my car didn't go into overheat cut off once. Think it cost me around £25 which is a really good price when comparted to the cheaper plastic powerhobby fans that i see advertised everywhere. If you're interested you'll find them on eBay.

NHX dual fan and heatsink.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, I’ve got another issue with my truck. The front end is extremely sloppy and I can’t figure it out no matter what I try. I’ve upgraded the servo saver spring to exb along with a c-clip, hot racing bellcrank with shims on the posts, exb Ackerman bar, upper exb hinge pins and an exb servo mount. My front end is still wobbling like crazy in reverse and is noticeably sloppy just shaking the wheel by hand. The left side seems to be worse than the right side…. The only obvious issues I see are the upper a-arms have a little play in them and the Ackerman bushings are slightly loose in the exb Ackerman bar. Has anyone had similar issues and if so, is there something I’m overlooking?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back