Limitless Another Limitless GT build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
Stay tuned. I don’t know what the longest build thread is but this one won’t be fast. Lol. This will be for speed running as when it’s done I’ll retire my current one and use it for street bashing. I realized how fun the car is to drive and drift around the street so I had to have one for speed running and street bashing. I will be going through this car with a fine tooth comb and changing out bits and pieces as time and money allows. Now that I have started wading in the speed run pool I kinda know what’s what so I’m diving in head first with this one. I have a pew stick for sale on a website for that stuff so hopefully that sells so I can fund this build a little quicker. We shall see.

Starting off with a donor car I got from the HH sale and a Scorched GT chassis.

CF8155BF-B3B3-4A1E-8F4B-070740878781.jpeg

And here we are. M2C drive cups on both input pinions. I’m gonna have to order a new front pinion I think. Rear cup spins true but front wobbles. Took the cup off and spun the hex with a drill and 2.5 bit. It’s the pinion. If anyone has a better idea than trying a new pinion let me know.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Coming from the horses mouth (James McCoy)
He said that it is best to run the Arrma gearbox case because of the steel insert.
The rear one eats up bearings on high speed rigs and the aluminum diff cases (even ones with provisions for larger bearings fail) he tried them all.
After trying them all he said its best to stick with the original Arrma one.

Long story short maybe you can get your money back? Unless you want it for the bling factor which I totally get.... it would go well with the setup and look killer.

1652912779090.png

He said that it is best to run the Arrma gearbox case because of the steel insert.
The rear one eats up bearings on high speed rigs and the aluminum diff cases (even ones with provisions for larger bearings fail) he tried them all.

Long story short maybe you can get your money back? Unless you want it for the bling factor which I totally get.... it would go well with the setup and look killer.

View attachment 218447
Damn. No kidding. I figured the aluminum would help dissipate heat. Did he say how they failed?

Edit. I have no plans to get to James’s speeds. Not because I don’t want to, I just don’t have the time and money. My goal is 160’s at SOME point. That’s it. I’ll cross the going faster bridge when I get there. If I get there. Lol

Well crap. Waited weeks for the Vitavon bulkheads. Got this instead. I don't even own an Xmaxx...

View attachment 218388
Hey @LicketySplit,

That sucks you got the wrong parts.

Would you consider selling these ?

I'm might be doing a MOD 1.5 conversion in my Xmaxx for a Hobbywing 1100 kv motor and MAX6. ( 1100 kv uses a 8mm shaft and Xmaxx motor uses a 5mm shaft )

Hey @LicketySplit,

That sucks you got the wrong parts.

Would you consider selling these ?

I'm might be doing a MOD 1.5 conversion in my Xmaxx for a Hobbywing 1100 kv motor and MAX6. ( 1100 kv uses a 8mm shaft and Xmaxx motor uses a 5mm shaft )
Lemme see what happens. I don't wanna sell them if that's gonna stop me from getting my money back.

Okay sounds good.

PM me if you figure out that you don't need them.
Will do.

View attachment 218447
@LibertyMKiii Even though I responded to this post above, now I'm rethinking this. Hard to argue with a dude who's had the Limitless platform as fast as he has. I already put in my claim on ebay with a comment to send out the proper order. Can't find anywhere to change it to a refund. Sure, I'd like to have the looks but ultimately if it doesn't function as well then I'm not going that route. I have 3 options I guess. Try to get my money back, run them until I have an issue, or put them on my OC6sEXB. Did he say at what speeds he was having an issue?

Last edited:
Well they are shipping them out via DHL so I guess that's that. I'm gonna give them a shot. I already have some ceramic bearings for them from Fast Eddy so I'll see how it goes. Given my recent crashes I'm gonna back up and punt anyways. I'll focus on being more technical in my driving and really pay attention to what the car is doing. Plan to try different Tx settings and find out what works best for me. Even try runs without a gyro. My PB was without a gyro and it was on rails.

Ok it’s officially a complete roller now. All the body mounts are installed.
B14C420E-FB57-4673-B933-7036095236FA.jpeg

Time to mock up the motor so I can install the spur and thread lock the spool drive cups. That way all I have to deal with is electronics and suspension tuning from here on out.

77A1C52B-3987-4E9E-A1E2-ABA33D054060.jpeg

Ok. On to layout. I’m thinking this. Mind you this is my first flipped motor setup. Anyone have any thoughts? Better ideas?View attachment 219886
Personally I don't like the idea of having that much weight on one side of the car and always have my batteries split left and right side. I have those same 4S packs and they easily fit beside the ESC with room to spare. Just a personal preference I guess but, to my mind, weight distribution matters (though I've seen people like Raz run 8S parallel with both packs on the same side so that might just be in my head).

Personally I don't like the idea of having that much weight on one side of the car and always have my batteries split left and right side. I have those same 4S packs and they easily fit beside the ESC with room to spare. Just a personal preference I guess but, to my mind, weight distribution matters (though I've seen people like Raz run 8S parallel with both packs on the same side so that might just be in my head).
I agree but that motor is a brick so I guess it kinda offsets it.

Yeah. As long as the car drives well, that's all that really matters. Bring it home to basic truths.

Best quotes by Manfred von Richthofen
Find the enemy and shoot him down. Anything else is nonsense.
- Manfred von Richthofen (a.k.a. The Red Baron)
I almost feel like we're working side by side on sister builds. Just uploaded a few new pics to my build thread.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back