Infraction Another Limitless-to-Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. I forgot I had this gimbal in a box from a while ago when I was going to try to mount it on a fpv drone but it turned out to be a tad too heavy for my application. I found it agay while doing some spring cleaning and thought HMMMM... maaayyybee. A 3D printed plate, cheap 4k camera, GoPro mount, mini 2s battery and a selfie stick later = Infraction gymkhana drift cam haha

I'll hopefully give it a run this weekend to see how it looks. I think it will look cool down the side of the truck with all the steering action in view and low to the ground.
I agree. I built something for my Feuyitech gimbal to mount on my Granite to use it as a camera slide and chase vehicle. My problem is that I rarely have a second driver available to help me out. I need an AI buddy to drive with ??????

Have you guys thought about looking at the insta360 go? Super small, lightweight.
https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-go
I have seen it on lots of YT channels. Torn between that and the GoPro Max. I like the GoPro software. It’s just well polished and works well. For something like dewarping video, you don’t want some cheap buggy code getting in the way. I have other video software that I can dewarp with, but it would be nice if the included software just works.

I agree. I built something for my Feuyitech gimbal to mount on my Granite to use it as a camera slide and chase vehicle. My problem is that I rarely have a second driver available to help me out. I need an AI buddy to drive with ??????
Is that the one I saw I think on your YT channel? I think you used that to showcase some of your Typ[Hoon] truck shots. Since you drive solo maybe you could get one of those follow me drones and just stick the beacon thing they lock onto somewhere on the truck and it follows it that way? I think that's how they work but maybe I'm wrong, I was never into cinema type drones and I don't think they go 130+ mph so maybe that won't work anyways ?

Have you guys thought about looking at the insta360 go? Super small, lightweight.
https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-go
I saw this vid on my feed the other day and instantly thought this would be something I could see you doing/experimenting with haha

Finally had a chance to go out and test out some of the new setup. The two big empty parking lots I usually use had groups hanging out in them so I found a small stretch of road out near the industrial section of town to stretch its legs a little bit. Here's a short video, watch me crash a couple times ?

Also tested the GPS speedometer and the telemetry speedometer. The GPS said 61 mph top speed and telemetry said 63, so I figure the average of 62 will be what I go with for now. This is with the 22/50 center diff so I am looking forward to putting the spool in and seeing what it can do later. Also it seems to be spot on with what my rc speed calculator said I should do top speed wise.
20200706_141611.jpg

Last edited:
I’d do some stress tests and check to see which performs better. I heard someone say that if you have a small cap pack and then a big one , the small one is the only one that “works” and the big one you installed goes to waste. I could be 100% wrong cause like I was saying I heard it from someone. Now I’m not smart enough to see the difference with and without a smaller cap pack with a big one. But I am terribly curious.

I’d do some stress tests and check to see which performs better. I heard someone say that if you have a small cap pack and then a big one , the small one is the only one that “works” and the big one you installed goes to waste. I could be 100% wrong cause like I was saying I heard it from someone. Now I’m not smart enough to see the difference with and without a smaller cap pack with a big one. But I am terribly curious.
Yeah I am not sure what the science is behind the small vs large so maybe someone who's an electronics engineer can tell is why that may be if that's actually true. I chose to leave it there because I didn't think it would hurt anything and sometimes I may run without the large cap pack for just parking lot stuff and only use the large pack for speed runs, but guess it's no big deal just to leave it always connected. I suppose I could always make a small pack out of the little ones I would be removing that connects via the XT90 I set up.

How would you go about stress testing if you really wanted to put this to the myth busters test? I know the large pack works because my test light I made does stay lit after I disconnect the large pack right after use, however who knows how well it is/isn't working with the small one still connected.

so what actual parts do you need to convert the limitless to a infraction ? is it just center diff, body mounts and the body its self

so what actual parts do you need to convert the limitless to a infraction ? is it just center diff, body mounts and the body its self
Essentially, here is the part list in full for a 100% conversion minus the electronics.

Front Bumper Support ARA320521
Front Splitter ARA320520
Foam Front Bumper ARA320537
Body Mounts Front/Rear AR109001

Infraction Pre-painted Body ARA410002
Infraction Roll Cage ARA480023
infraction Wing ARA480024

46T Infraction Center Diff AR109001
18T mod1 pinion AR310479

Infraction Spoked White Hoons AR109001 x 2

Why would the center diff need to be changed? My limitless is fast so if I’m just changing the bumper and body mounts I don’t understand the need for the center diff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back