Typhon Another LVC problem (I think?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt6453

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I've had my new Typhon 3s out twice now with a new Gen Ace Basher 3s 50c 5000mah battery and it lasts for about 3-4 minutes before (I think) the LVC kicks in, it goes into a sort of limp mode but switching it off and on again gets it going for another minute before it happens again. I've heard some of you guys are getting BLX120 ESC's as a fix from Arrma, anyone had that from UK support?

I've ran on short grass and a dry hard packed beach.

Photo1 is after 3-4 minutes and Photo2 is after about 10 minutes with 3 resets.

Attachments

• 20200222_160443.jpg
    20200222_160443.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200222_161546.jpg
    20200222_161546.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 38
Maybe a stupid question... you may have checked already?
Is your ESC programmed for Lipo as opposed to Nim. Double check your ESC values. It may have had a hiccup and reset to defaults, resulting to a Nim pack value as its default setting. Need more info.

Is your ESC programmed for Lipo as opposed to Nim. Double check your ESC values. It may have had a hiccup and reset to defaults, resulting to a Nim pack value as its default setting. Need more info.
NiMH would turn off LVC entirely ??‍♂️

Chances are it’s either a bad ESC or you aren’t getting a full charge on your lipo packs.

I checked that after my first run, It's definitely in Lipo mode. 11.82 volts with 67 indicated capacity left is ridiculously high for it to be cutting out.

Do you have another battery for comparison? Check your wires, running at the beach will do some damage to solder joints if they were already weak. Other than ESC, Motor might be damaged and overheats or draws high current which overheats the ESC and it goes into thermal shutdown? Just guesses on my part. Seems odd that it runs for 3 min repeatedly.

NiMH would turn off LVC entirely ??‍♂️

Chances are it’s either a bad ESC or you aren’t getting a full charge on your lipo packs.
Do you have another battery for comparison? Check your wires, running at the beach will do some damage to solder joints if they were already weak. Other than ESC, Motor might be damaged and overheats or draws high current which overheats the ESC and it goes into thermal shutdown? Just guesses on my part. Seems odd that it runs for 3 min repeatedly.

It was the first time at the beach (short grass before that) it was sure to keep it in the dry as I know what salt water can do and I don't think any damage could happen that quickly. I don't plan on going to the beach often but everywhere else is wet at the moment. The motor and ESC were only slightly warm, I have an EC5 connector on the battery and I replugged the motor wires so I don't think it's a bad connection. It also seems to run freely with the motor taken out so I don't think power is being sapped by the drive train. I think I've just drawn the short straw with a dodgy ESC.

They were out of the blx 120 when I looked earlier? And the blx 180

I think the hobbywing max10 sct is equivalent to the blx 120 and not to bad for price?

Just looking at Jenny's RC, why so cheap? Are they just buying kits at wholesale and breaking them up for spares?
Yes. That's how it works. Not a new concept but an Ingenious idea. Helps us out $$$ wise.
Sounds like you need to bring her to the RC Doctor.:cry:

I agree never had luck with any stock arrma esc. Get rid of the stock esc. Just get a hobbywing combo. Never worry again.

I just ordered a hobbywing max10 sct they seem to have great reviews.

Hope it works out. Maybe upgrade to 4s motor later on

Good call. Order this motor, and gear up with no worries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-135948_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-135948_eBay.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 33
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back