Another newB Q. Kraton V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbl_91762

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is it normal for the loud clicking noise to come from the center diff/motor when you roll the car back and forth real fast?? Its done that since new, but if I push forward and backward slow and it don't engage the motor then there is no sound. I did change my diff oil to 100k and got 3+packs through but not sure if something is going out?? I checked the alignment and gap and its fine and no teeth missing. The other night I did drive my Kraton into/underneath the front bumper of my car and bent a few things which I've straightened out. Now Im more concerned about the noise. Normal or internal damage??

Is it possible you can upload a short video of the clicking noise?

The steel on steel with the pinion/spur is very noisy compared to my trucks with a plastic spur. Even more so on these than my savage flux which is steel on steel. I think the aluminum motor mount transmits that noise directly to the big pan chassis which acts like a speaker.

I notice even my stampede 4x4 with a plastic chassis is a lot noisier than my ERBE. Both have plastic spurs. My ejato is almost silent. Just a quiet "wirrrrr" sound comparatively to my other trucks. It's running the same gear pitch as my ERBE and stampede, .8M vs 1M on the savage and outcast.

Cant load a clip sorry, but it just seems louder after the crash, but maybe Im just being paranoid. Thanks guys

Cant load a clip sorry, but it just seems louder after the crash, but maybe Im just being paranoid. Thanks guys
Your gear meh will also have an effect on the sound it makes. There's a definite sound difference between a tight mesh and a loose mesh.

Took motor and diff off today and diff was fine, motor though I now wonder as I've never really checked it. when I grab the teeth turn it, is it supposed to be smooth turning or fell like its grabbing something inside the whole time? (sorry cant explain it better) But I hooked up the batts just to make sure all is good and it seemed fine. Just curious now on motor thanks.

The magnet is very stout in these motors. When spinning by hand, it cogs very deliberately. So, no smooth spinning when power isn't applied.

ok that makes sense with the motor. The diff spun fine no binding no sounds but once I mate it to the motor thats when it makes the sound but like others have mentioned, I guess its just the metal on metal gears vs plastic.

ok that makes sense with the motor. The diff spun fine no binding no sounds but once I mate it to the motor thats when it makes the sound but like others have mentioned, I guess its just the metal on metal gears vs plastic.
Yep. It's hard to tell what's binding with the motor in play. It's not like nitro where it free spins on a bearing when at rest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back