Typhon Another noisy typhon question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_S

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi all

First post and thanks for any help. I just got a second hand typhon 2018 6s. It seems very very noisy! Is this normal ? Noise seems to come from pinion/spur which show a little rust but I’d say the mesh is ok? Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 38033054-1AAC-4BF8-8E95-D6D751A436EA.jpeg
    38033054-1AAC-4BF8-8E95-D6D751A436EA.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 108
Sounds normal to me.
Thanks, I've only heard them on videos and they do seem to sound pretty noisy! My only frame of reference are 1/10th scale racing buggies which are smooth as glass!
They sound like that. You can roll it back and forth by hand and it has that crunchy sound.
Brill, thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the help. Which bearings though? The sound really seems to come from the centre of the car, the diff or pinion

I change the ones in the rear wheel hubs regularly, and have changed the rear diff ones too.

Sounds just like my stock Typhon 6S. If you want to narrow it down, I would back the motor away from the spur and then roll it by hand. I’m pretty sure most of that noise is just the motor turning. But I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.

They have a crunchy sound. Even my Granite blx has some what of a crunch sound. But all of my 6s arrmas sound almost the same. It’s a distinct sound you get used to.

Sounds just like my stock Typhon 6S. If you want to narrow it down, I would back the motor away from the spur and then roll it by hand. I’m pretty sure most of that noise is just the motor turning. But I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.
That’s a great idea thanks! I’ll try it
MOD 1 gears metal on metal is something many people have to get used to. This sounds perfectly normal to me.

Nice wood floors btw ;)
Haha, i work in a historic building. Thanks for the advice!

Welcome to the fam. Sounds like a normal sexy typhon ready for a thrashing to me! Enjoy the new rig. Plenty of sound advice flowing through this family so don’t be shy to ask.
and remember don’t drive it bash it ...... lol

I guess the sound that you think is abnormal, for example at 0:07~0:08 in your video, is "made" by the motor magnetism. A normal sound. Push your car by hands and you will hear this same noise. Many new users of electric rc car ask this same question, so a normal question also.

Welcome to the fam. Sounds like a normal sexy typhon ready for a thrashing to me! Enjoy the new rig. Plenty of sound advice flowing through this family so don’t be shy to ask.
and remember don’t drive it bash it ...... lol
Thanks Kiwi, that seems to be the consensus view!

I thought the exact same when I got mine... but yep, they are all the same They must have a different spur/main gear profile compared to other brands, to sound like that.

I thought the exact same when I got mine... but yep, they are all the same They must have a different spur/main gear profile compared to other brands, to sound like that.
It's a combination of the magnets in the motor, the all metal drivetrain and dog bones in the center. Most other 1/8th scales based off buggy platforms like Tekno, Mugen ect have center cv axles and come stock with plastic spurs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back