Another one for the Vintage Guy’s!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Joe

Problems never solved, just rearranged
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
WE HAVE YOU NOW!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!
Dug out a nitro car from probably 13-14yrs ago 🤣 was fun for the brief times I was able to keep it going so temperamental 🤬 gonna clean it up & then go from there...But my ARRMA FLEET comes 1st 😎 maybe see what rustler might be worth 🤘🏻🤘🏻

2F1D5CDF-BB3B-459E-8E64-D436693A2CDD.jpeg

C8AB5F5F-CB0C-40C2-8A69-8869057780B7.jpeg

Mmmmm nitro.. love that smell..😎.. going back that far, is it the pre 2.5? Nitro can be interesting if the port timings, squish angle, head space and bubble volumes are corrected..😎

Ahhhhhh the good ole days..

Mmmmm nitro.. love that smell..😎.. going back that far, is it the pre 2.5? Nitro can be interesting if the port timings, squish angle, head space and bubble volumes are corrected..😎

Ahhhhhh the good ole days..
Not sure but I’ll check in a few
Not sure but I’ll check in a few
Hey congrats on the excellence award!!
heading into basement to put on roof skids thank you for the present again!! Looking forward towards warmer weather so we can hook up bash!! 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Last edited:
It’s a Trx 2.5 and it’s gonna be parked on shelf somewhere 😂

Looking around in the basement & I found some
Parts & pieces of my beginning in to RC cars.
Stuff is from the Tamiya Hornet and The Blackfoot 😂 maybe mid-late 80’s 🤘🏻🤘🏻

FB2EF3A2-FCC6-47B2-AF56-2BDA9B7676D8.jpeg

Looks like set of rear shocks from the Frog.
One sand scorcher (?) wheel. I got a matching set front and rear.

I find the TRX 2.5 engine is easy to tune and stay tuned. I have a original jato from 2005 with over 6 gallons thru it. Still have 5 nitros from that era, AM radios anyone. 🤣
20201018_203510.jpg

back in my neighborhood at the time we had a
Grasshopper, Hornet, there was a Frog. Then the Blackfoot showed up 😂
With that “black” endurance motor, I was king of the neighborhood 😎🤘🏻🤘🏻
How the times have changed!!

I found another item from the Rustler.
anybody remember these beauty’s? 😂🤘🏻🤘🏻
I think it was used to charge battery for starting nitro car

E4E3E1B0-BF89-4022-AB60-C27878D5157B.jpeg

With a tamiya plug on the end, I think this was more like a 15 minute 6/7 cell NiCd charger. Most nitro cars used C / D cell glow plug lighters or had large energizer cells wired to a glow plug lighter. Back in this chargers time (circa 1990), electric cars used 6/7 cell NiCd batteries. In the late 90's, Traxxas came out with 'electric start' nitro engines - and this used those same 6/7 cell packs to supply power to both, an on board 'crank' motor and the glow plug.

Last edited:
Definitely a nicd charger. I think I still have one. No safety or cell counter on those. It will charge your battery whether it wants it or not...

I find the TRX 2.5 engine is easy to tune and stay tuned. I have a original jato from 2005 with over 6 gallons thru it. Still have 5 nitros from that era, AM radios anyone. 🤣
View attachment 157043

My 2wd Stampede came with the old am Traxxas fishing pole antenna radio, I have it around here somewhere.

Here’s what the charger is for,the E-Z start for the rustler 😳🤘🏻🤘🏻Battery got to be bout a dozen yrs old

C51C796E-D411-4FD8-B835-A10D12803639.jpeg

Yep, that's the 2nd version of the 'EZ Start' system. EZ Start used 6/7 cell NiCd packs, which is what was already powering electric rc's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back