Another problem, no forward throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Alright, so now my servo is working, it turns now, left and right after I redound it. Now I have another problem, it doesn't throttle forward, it does go into reverse. It was throttling forward before binding it. I did unplug the throttle plug and plugged it back in and still no forward throttle. Could it be the batteries in the controller to low? The throttle trim on the controller it set too. It won't throttle forward when I turn up the throttle trim.

Maybe the esc is set to forward & brake only while the transmitter is set to reverse throttle.
That could explain why it only goes in reverse..
Or you plugged it in the wrong way

Motor reversing can be caused by:
1. Transmitter switch set to reverse
2. Motor wires switched
3. Motor direction reversed in ESC settings

Only 1 direction and brake is caused by an ESC setting of FWD/BRK instead of FWD/BRK/REV.

Don't forget to calibrate your throttle and make sure that the binding was done correctly just in case

Alright, so now my servo is working, it turns now, left and right after I redound it. Now I have another problem, it doesn't throttle forward, it does go into reverse. It was throttling forward before binding it. I did unplug the throttle plug and plugged it back in and still no forward throttle. Could it be the batteries in the controller to low? The throttle trim on the controller it set too. It won't throttle forward when I turn up the throttle trim.
Is it reversed where you pull the trigger and it goes backwards and vise versa, or is it it's able to go backwards, but not forwards?

If it's the later, then...
Check to make sure the knob with "TH" is centered. It's kinda like a cruise control. When you turn it clockwise it drives forward on it's own and when you turn it counter-clockwise it gos backwards on it's own. If it is turned counter-clockwise just a little, not enough for it to go in reverse, but enough that it's not going forward, that may be your problem.

Is it reversed where you pull the trigger and it goes backwards and vise versa, or is it it's able to go backwards, but not forwards?

If it's the later, then...
Check to make sure the knob with "TH" is centered. It's kinda like a cruise control. When you turn it clockwise it drives forward on it's own and when you turn it counter-clockwise it gos backwards on it's own. If it is turned counter-clockwise just a little, not enough for it to go in reverse, but enough that it's not going forward, that may be your problem.
The TH trim is set, its in the middle. When I turn it, it won't throttle forward. It goes reverse when I pull the trigger into reverse.

Make sure all your motor wires are connected? If they're not all connected, it won't work right. I think that would make so it won't go at all and just stutter though... :unsure: I did that once.
They are all connected, I haven't unplugged any of those wires from the motor. It was throttle forward before binding it again. Since I did the binding yesterday, it won't throttle forward. I'm doing the calibration now.

Did you try recalibrating it?
E93E1223-71DB-4134-BA4C-5CAB56FCF72E.png

The ESC needs to discover the Throttle Endpoint again. Calibration. Keep Throttle endpoint knob at neutral when doing this. Do this on the bench with the wheels off and propped up. Be safe. Follow above post.

Did you try recalibrating it?View attachment 168387
Yep I did that.
The ESC needs to discover the Throttle Endpoint again. Calibration. Keep Throttle endpoint knob at neutral when doing this. Do this on the bench with the wheels off and propped up. Be safe. Follow above post.
Yep did that too. I always prop it up when I work on my rig.
I believe now that my servo is going out, throwing in the towel, it had a mind of its own, the steering was jittery. If not that then, I was to close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back