Another question on soldering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really. it should be perfectly fine because the brand the brand would of had other connectors unless the people are a bit dumb who manufacture the esc's

another thing after writing the other comment i have seen a few people use this specific esc and motor with deans so u should be good to go with one

another thing after writing the other comment i have seen a few people use this specific esc and motor with deans so u should be good to go with one
If it was on a video can you send me a link

You should just pick up a bunch of ec5 or xt90’s and make all connectors the same, then you’ll never have to worry about it.

Real Dean's are a lot better than most people give them credit. Cheap fake China Deans are sometimes pretty crappy.

Arrma V1 6s trucks came with a 180a ESC and a Deans plug. Unfortunately, Arrma used a crappy cheap china plug. Just swapping their plug for a real Deans often solved some problems with that BLX180 ESC.

Real Dean's are a lot better than most people give them credit. Cheap fake China Deans are sometimes pretty crappy.

Arrma V1 6s trucks came with a 180a ESC and a Deans plug. Unfortunately, Arrma used a crappy cheap china plug. Just swapping their plug for a real Deans often solved some problems with that BLX180 ESC.
Do you know if this one has real deans

On a cheap Chinese ESC? I really doubt that would put a $5 real Deans, when they probably make their own for about $.05...

The more important question - what plug are you using on your other RC's? If you don't have other plugs, and If you don't solder, the EC plugs are very easy to learn on, as there is no plastic case to melt. You snap the bullet into the plastic housing after soldering. The XT plugs are also very good plugs, but they don't unsnap the bullet from the housing like the EC plug. But they are not hard to solder, but takes a bit more technique vs the EC plugs, plus the AMASS XT plugs are really cheap $$ but still quality.

Edit - the Deans plug should not make or break you decision. I actually have that exact combo in my Granite - the motor is the 3800kv. The real question is, do you mind waiting 3 weeks to get the combo, then returning the ESC if it is dead out of the box and waiting another 6 week for the replacement? If yes, then hit the buy button. If you need your truck running in a week or two, think on it.

As for performance, that motor has loads of power. I run 3s, 15t pinion and I can't run WOT, as the tires start to balloon around 50mph and I crash. At 45, I still have enough throttle to pull wheelies. BUT - it runs hot. Motor is normally around 160f-180f after a run, sometimes it hits 200f. ESC is frequently at 150f, sometimes up to 180f. Also, when I bought it, my first ESC WAS dead out of the box, so I did get to wait an extra 6 weeks for my replacement. Last - I have had 4 Racerstar ESC's (counting the DOA one) and one one still lives (the one in my Granite) The other 2 were good out of the box, but died after about a dozen batteries.

Last edited:
u can probably get them changed at a hobbies shop or change them urselve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back