Senton Another question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't agree with the Savox SW1211SG because the hold current is 6 amps, and the ESC only provides 4 amps at 6 volts. I put a Reef's 299:LP in my Senton 3S. The upgraded ESC you mention provides up to 7.4V at 4A. You could also experiment with different sized pinions. I put a 15 tooth pinion in mine, since I'm trying to not bash it too hard.

I just bought a zoskay 35kg high torque one… $&@?! I just seen it’s a metal gear one! That’s not okay, or is it? Im so noob at this. Please help! Lol

I just bought a zoskay 35kg high torque one… $&@?! I just seen it’s a metal gear one! That’s not okay, or is it? Im so noob at this. Please help! Lol
One of those "cheapest worth having". The zoskay specs are exaggerated. Metal gears are preferred. Some servos use less durable plastic. Even better if they offer a rebuild kit. Most servos stop working when the gears get chewed up. The stock senton servo less than 7kg at 0.14 seconds for each sweep. If your a big nerd, you can build a servo tester.. like this one.

Metal gears are good.
Plastic gears are Bad. (Best for Air planes and Helis)
Most Surface RC servos will be Metal geared.
Brass and Aluminum gears are the weakest/cheapest and strip easily with impacts.. SS or steel gears are strongest.

Metal gears are good.
Plastic gears are Bad. (Best for Air planes and Helis)
Most Surface RC servos will be Metal geared.
Brass and Aluminum gears are the weakest/cheapest and strip easily with impacts.. SS or steel gears are strongest.
Aren't the stock servos brass?

You do have to be careful when you buy some of those "metal" gear servos, often times they still have 1 plastic, brass or aluminum gear in them. One of my JX servos was like that, the main drive gear was plastic........ I'll give you 3 guesses as to what happened to that and the first 2 don't count. You know I think I actually have a video of that one.

Yes it is usually the "center gear" that is thin and sometimes just aluminum. The gear that strips first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back