Another Reason to dislike Traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguments happen, especially on internet forums ?
It's because it is just written words and not spoken face to face.

When you're face to face you can read the body language of the other person speaking as well as listen to their tone. So easy to misinterpret things said on forums, social media or in emails etc which is why they can be a hot bed for arguments. ;)

My brother in law has a new Outcast about a month ago- he is pissed his kid's Traxxass is faster.

The Traxxas is a Rustler 4x4 brushless on 3s and +2 on the pinion.

The Outcast is stock on 6S

I told him I have to see it to believe it.

Hopefully this weekend. :)
Why is it hard to believe they are both rated to do 50mph

When you're face to face you can read the body language of the other person speaking as well as listen to their tone. So easy to misinterpret things said on forums, social media or in emails etc which is why they can be a hot bed for arguments. ;)

That ☝ and there's no risk of getting punched in the face sitting behind a keyboard...at least not yet. :D??

That is true.
However it’s not always about interpretation, some people choose to be jerks. Which they wouldn’t face to face, due to real life consequences. Those people get the mute/ignore button.

Last edited:
That ☝ and there's no risk of getting punched in the face sitting behind a keyboard...at least not yet. :D??
Well lets hope not as some people would be in trouble by now. :oops: :LOL:

However it’s not always about interpretation, some people choose to be jerks. Which they wouldn’t face to face, due to real life consequences. Those people get the mute/ignore button.
Oh yeah there are some key board warriors AKA trolls about that is for sure. Of the forums/platforms etc I'm on I find YouTube the worst offender for that rubbish.

Literally a free for all in the comments sections. (n)

Well lets hope not as some people would be in trouble by now. :oops::LOL:

Oh yeah there are some key board warriors AKA trolls about that is for sure. Of the forums/platforms etc I'm on I find YouTube the worst offender for that rubbish.

Literally a free for all in the comments sections. (n)
Sometimes the battles in the comments are better than the video!

No problem here just stating the obvious

It is obvious though. Yes this is an Arrma forum, NOT an Arrma fan boy forum. People come on here for information. When you don’t allow them to get information that is NON biased then you are not helping out anyone.

I recommend Arrma products to newbies over a Traxxas all the time. I don’t recommend Arrma over race bred RCs because why lie? The others are more expensive and therefore superior. You are fighting over toy cars... let’s think about that for a minute. Did you wake up one day thinking that when I’m in my 50s I’m going to fight people over toy brands? It’s not that serious.

It is obvious though. Yes this is an Arrma forum, NOT an Arrma fan boy forum. People come on here for information. When you don’t allow them to get information that is NON biased then you are not helping out anyone.

I recommend Arrma products to newbies over a Traxxas all the time. I don’t recommend Arrma over race bred RCs because why lie? The others are more expensive and therefore superior. You are fighting over toy cars... let’s think about that for a minute. Did you wake up one day thinking that when I’m in my 50s I’m going to fight people over toy brands? It’s not that serious.
This has me rolling ??????

no dude I don’t super fan boy any brand. Pretty sure I have one of the nicest Kratons out there. I don’t like the fan boy crap, reminds me of Traxxas fan boys from years ago and it was annoying back then too. What’s really funny though, is that you complain about your cars breaking all the time but try to talk about the other brands that are known to break just as much lol.

I came on this thread to educate, not to call out any brand in particular. So I’ll take the high road on this one, next time not so much
Educate. That is a strong word for the manner in which you choose to convey your knowledge. Many of us may not be as well versed in the field of remote control, and you seem to have a history that includes some form of corporate involvement. Of the over 10 000 members that have chosen to join this forum, it's fair to say that 99% are here to expand their knowledge of the Arrma brand. The availability of extra information in regards to electronics, and other aftermarket parts, should always pertain to their application with an Arrma product. Trying to debunk the theory that other rc brands are inferior, or proving that they are superior, is unnecessary in respect to the brand for which we all signed up to speak about. We are here to discuss the strengths and shortcomings of the Arrma brand. Being constantly reminded that there are other brands that we should have invested our money on, contradicts the reason that we joined. I signed up to the Arrma Forum, because I enjoyed reading about what people thought about ownership of the brand. I could have remained anonymous, and would have still been able to view all the information. I signed up so I could join the discussion and become a contributor when my experience with the brand allowed me to do so. If anyone has experience and knowledge of the Arrma brand, they are surely welcomed to contribute. If attempting to solicit an argument about other brands is their intention, maybe a different forum would be more accommodating. Shall we mock up a treaty, so we can all continue what we came here to do?

Educate. That is a strong word for the manner in which you choose to convey your knowledge. Many of us may not be as well versed in the field of remote control, and you seem to have a history that includes some form of corporate involvement. Of the over 10 000 members that have chosen to join this forum, it's fair to say that 99% are here to expand their knowledge of the Arrma brand. The availability of extra information in regards to electronics, and other aftermarket parts, should always pertain to their application with an Arrma product. Trying to debunk the theory that other rc brands are inferior, or proving that they are superior, is unnecessary in respect to the brand for which we all signed up to speak about. We are here to discuss the strengths and shortcomings of the Arrma brand. Being constantly reminded that there are other brands that we should have invested our money on, contradicts the reason that we joined. I signed up to the Arrma Forum, because I enjoyed reading about what people thought about ownership of the brand. I could have remained anonymous, and would have still been able to view all the information. I signed up so I could join the discussion and become a contributor when my experience with the brand allowed me to do so. If anyone has experience and knowledge of the Arrma brand, they are surely welcomed to contribute. If attempting to solicit an argument about other brands is their intention, maybe a different forum would be more accommodating. Shall we mock up a treaty, so we can all continue what we came here to do?
Spot on, Johnny. Spot on.??

What's obvious? That I can't get along with anyone? Because that is what he posted. I don't wake up looking to fight with anyone. I've been fortunate enough to not have to work, so I spend a lot of time here. I enjoy the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back