Another Reason to dislike Traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Traxxas does this

Let’s start here... and if you’re going to read this, do it thoroughly.

The reason 98% of you are in this Hobby today is due to Traxxas. The reason why Arrma is moving full speed is because of... Traxxas. Do any of you know why Traxxas is what it is, or do you just go by what people say? I’m a corporate CFO currently who understands business models but this goes beyond just a business model.

1. Traxxas did not invent RTR.... they did invent the idea that they would sell you their brand radio, batteries, ESC, and everything you need in one package, but TOWER HOBBIES invented “RTR” by offering customers packages back in the late 1980s.

2. Traxxas pumps more money and more new blood into the hobby than any other brand PERIOD.

3. Traxxas not only brings in more new blood than any other brand, it introduces more to OTHER brands than any other brand PERIOD.

4. Traxxas from day 1 had bigger aspirations than any other brand PERIOD.

I won’t give you guys a history lesson, but Traxxas is the name you hate because it once was the name you loved. Maybe not for me, I got into the hobby when Losi and Associated were -THE- brand to have (RC10, Jr2) and Tamiya and Kyosho were also huge at the time with Tamiya being a giant. Traxxas entered the scene with a bang because Mike Jenkins was able to see how this hobby was very difficult to enter given how foreign most of this stuff was to any beginner. How do you solder matched cells? What radio and servo? How do you paint a body shell? Imagine being a kid in the 1990s and how absolutely intimidating this hobby looked. You are used to things being so easy now, and you can thank Traxxas for that.

So fast forward all of these years and you had your Traxxas slash that you first saw because Traxxas... not Losi, not AE, not Tamiya, Arrma, or Kyosho pumped MILLIONS of dollars into advertising, magazines, 1:1 scale off road racing, and NASCAR. If not you, your friend, cousin, or however it began was most likely due to some part of Traxxas’ mass spending on advertising. If Traxxas never existed this hobby would have died 10 years ago. Don’t think for one minute that isn’t the truth.

Do you owe Traxxas? Well, they may think so... but, no you don’t. Did your entrance into the hobby through anything Traxxas related eventually get you to purchase a Losi, AE, or Arrma? Yep, it did unless your old school like me. So why hate the company that eventually got you to this point? Arrma, or any other company DOES NOT EXIST without Traxxas.

So why is Traxxas the evil empire these days? Honestly?, they are sick of carrying this hobby on their back. Why do they need to be responsible for you buying another brand? Why do they need to pay 3 million to NASCAR to get fresh eyes on the hobby just for that person to go online and see this “Arrma” car that looks like it may be better? Let’s call a spade a spade here and put the OTHER companies on blast for not pumping enough money into the NON RC WORLD to bring in the new blood and new faces.

Am I a Traxxas fan boy? Nope, I’m before their time, but I do own an X Maxx because I think that is a good product for what it is and I don’t care who made it. I do have a lot of respect for Traxxas because they have kept this hobby that I enjoy so much alive, and anyone who disputes that is unfortunately extremely un-informed and blatantly hating on something they have no brains to be speaking on.

I hope Arrma takes the mantle from them one day and does the same greater good of pulling in fresh faces into the hobby. If they never do that, as much as I respect Jason Dearden, I will never see them as beneficial as Traxxas. Hate it, love it, makes no difference... these are the FACTS.
My first rc was a tamiya blackfoot Loved that truck so much I bought the re release .It was so much fun building it brought back alot of memories

Traxxas is very petty. My hobby shop said since they are a traxxas dealer and traxxas stocks their store they are not allowed to carry other rc brands such as arrma they said traxxas sends "secret shoppers "to the stores to do checkups and if they get caught traxxas cuts them off that's directly from the hobby store.
Traxxas is bad for this hobby thats why we don't get kits anymore cause they started the rtr movement .Ill always be a kit builder at heart.

Um... yep and yep. lol!

I have a v1 and it's nowhere near as capable as my outcast. I'd get rid of it, but my wife got it for me as my first electric for Christmas 2 years ago.
Can’t you just upgrade it to a v3 or v4? Or is so different?

My first RC was a stampede 4x4 I did love it but broke every single time I took it out. Lesson learned. Mind you it’s all upgraded now and it’s pretty much bulletproof. I’m just to into 1/8th scale vehicles I love how they go through any terrain with ease

When you think traxxass can't get any more ridiculous....

The rcsaylors just did a review on the vkar sct which looks just like a Traxxas slash. Except they can't SAY it looks like a Traxxas slash in their video unless they actually feature the car in their video as well or their legal team will take action.That's a new low even for them.
Explanation around the 10 minute mark.

Ridiculous is right, they got me here.
Enough said!!!

My guess it is because of how big their channel is. 172k subscribers and I'm sure they make money from YouTube, no? I don't think Traxxas would be sending lawyers after me if I mentioned one of their products in my videos ?

My guess it is because of how big their channel is. 172k subscribers and I'm sure they make money from YouTube, no? I don't think Traxxas would be sending lawyers after me if I mentioned one of their products in my videos ?
You should try it and see. Start your video with a header that reads "this Senton is sooooo much better than a Traxxas Slash" and see if you're video gets pulled or a summons gets delivered to your door:LOL:

Can we just let this thread die?
this-thread-shall-not-die.jpg

this-thread-this-is-why-aliens-won39t-talk-to-us-meme-5159.jpg

Looks like the X-Maxx will soon be available in Arrma Outcast orange.

Or maybe it's HPI orange?!

Just when you think you're out......
They pull you right back in!!

When you think traxxass can't get any more ridiculous....

The rcsaylors just did a review on the vkar sct which looks just like a Traxxas slash. Except they can't SAY it looks like a Traxxas slash in their video unless they actually feature the car in their video as well or their legal team will take action.That's a new low even for them.
Explanation around the 10 minute mark.
Yeah shame on Traxxas for protecting the segment that they created.. because crappy clones are great for the hobby and the RC saylors have a clue about this hobby.

This thread really should die because it’s like cat nip for those who just want to female dog and moan even after the original theory was de bunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back