Another Reason to dislike Traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah shame on Traxxas for protecting the segment that they created.. because crappy clones are great for the hobby and the RC saylors have a clue about this hobby.

This thread really should die because it’s like cat nip for those who just want to female dog and moan even after the original theory was de bunked.

Here ya go bud :)
GUEST_dfaca25a-61ff-4936-ab6c-d2d9def64d14.jpg

Personal experience: I bought two traxxas vehicles and have had nothing but ridiculous breakages and issue with both the vehicles themselves, support form the company, etc. I've had no breakages or issues that come even close with arrma, team associated, tlr/losi, wltoys, or anything else I own from other brands. I bought into traxxas because that's what 'everyone talks about" on the internet. Well, then you find out that's because traxxas makes it that way through their legal dept.

Today I'm hopefully selling my Stampede finally (at a huge loss mind you) because I'm sick of breaking the thing every single time I take it out. Only reason I'm keeping my Rustler is because a) it's already almost 85% non-traxxas at this point (due to breakage replacements) and it's way too much of a loss at this point. I go to the track every weekend and our broken parts bucket is full of traxxas parts. Literally nothing but.

So again, I'm not here to be butthurt or bash traxxas in a fanboy non-informed, non-experienced manner, but to maybe help someone who is brand new to the hobby who sees this thread not make the same mistake I did when they could have gotten a much better car for the same price, and actually were paying a company to support the hobby, and not their lawyers.

If you've had better luck with your traxxas, good for you, I'm glad for you. But personally this brand has cost me 3x as much as it should have, almost turned me off the the hobby completely, and has been nothing but a headache. That's not how the hobby is supposed to be and I'd hate to see someone else get turned off to the hobby in the same way. We want more people in our hobby, not less.

Just my 2 cents. You want to have a differing opinion, you're entitled, but at least you have to agree with my last statement. :)

if you don't like people bashing traxxas in this thread, guess what? Nothing is making you re-click it to read it and everytime you make another post about "how this thread should die" you just bump it back up to the top. :LOL:

Like flies to sh!t, nothing draws 2015GTRBE here quicker than a negative remark about Traxxas or Tekno!

no dude I don’t super fan boy any brand. Pretty sure I have one of the nicest Kratons out there. I don’t like the fan boy crap, reminds me of Traxxas fan boys from years ago and it was annoying back then too. What’s really funny though, is that you complain about your cars breaking all the time but try to talk about the other brands that are known to break just as much lol.

I came on this thread to educate, not to call out any brand in particular. So I’ll take the high road on this one, next time not so much

Yeah shame on Traxxas for protecting the segment that they created.. because crappy clones are great for the hobby and the RC saylors have a clue about this hobby.

This thread really should die because it’s like cat nip for those who just want to female dog and moan even after the original theory was de bunked.

I think clones can be good for the hobby. They are cheaper, get people into the hobby and if its a true clone people will buy the brand name quality parts when needed. People will usually spend more for the real thing but if they cant, get the clone and upgrade accordingly.

no dude I don’t super fan boy any brand. Pretty sure I have one of the nicest Kratons out there. I don’t like the fan boy crap, reminds me of Traxxas fan boys from years ago and it was annoying back then too. What’s really funny though, is that you complain about your cars breaking all the time but try to talk about the other brands that are known to break just as much lol.

I came on this thread to educate, not to call out any brand in particular. So I’ll take the high road on this one, next time not so much
I never complain about my trucks breaking because 99.9% of the time it's my fault ? I always own it. Your statement of "if you don't bash hard, Arrma is fine" is pure nonsense. They have some weak points like every RC and you can address them for about $200 if you go with the M2C Racing chassis. In any event, I digress. If you don't want to read what fans of the Arrma trucks have to say then you probably shouldn't be on an Arrma FAN site. Of course there is going to be a bias and if your noble goal in life is to set everyone straight, you're going to be here a while.

Today I'm hopefully selling my Stampede finally (at a huge loss mind you) because I'm sick of breaking the thing every single time I take it out. Only reason I'm keeping my Rustler is because a) it's already almost 85% non-traxxas at this point (due to breakage replacements) and it's way too much of a loss at this point. I go to the track every weekend and our broken parts bucket is full of traxxas parts. Literally nothing but.

☝ I can 2nd this statement. I have 2 Rustlers and they are fun to drive now that I've replaced the entire suspension and drive shafts on both.

One of my first posts on this forum was asking about the Rustler 4x4 vxl and the Kraton...now that I own a Kraton I realize how ridiculous that request was on many levels. Yet everyone here was very patient and gave helpful feed back. My disappointment with traxxas is still fresh and i wish they'd do better bc they're based in my home state. IMO Mike Jenkins (Traxxas CEO by way of nepotism) is only out to make that cha-ching and doesn't really care about the hobby.

I've been bashing the Kraton for a few weeks now and haven't been very nice to it. Only damage so far was a pivot ball popped out of the steering block when i drifted into an overturned cedar stump. Popped it back in and bashed-on. Hasn't happened again after doing many many...many failed flip jumps (i'm still learning). So far the stock Kraton has held up very well. A weak point IMO is the servo. It functions fine and handles, but I'll upgrade that when and if it fails. I will also need another body soon bc the original is getting damaged as a result of said failed flip jumps. (Sure would be nice to have the exo-cage and bumpers, looking at to you T-bone Racing!!!!!)

For the cherry on top of this thread I can say that Arrma offers far more for the money and is trying to improve their product and the hobby as a result. Traxxas is out to make money for themselves at the expense of your wallet and the hobby.

I never complain about my trucks breaking because 99.9% of the time it's my fault ? I always own it. Your statement of "if you don't bash hard, Arrma is fine" is pure nonsense. They have some weak points like every RC and you can address them for about $200 if you go with the M2C Racing chassis. In any event, I digress. If you don't want to read what fans of the Arrma trucks have to say then you probably shouldn't be on an Arrma FAN site. Of course there is going to be a bias and if your noble goal in life is to set everyone straight, you're going to be here a while.
First peanut now 2015gtrbe you just can't get along with anyone ?????

First peanut now 2015gtrbe you just can't get along with anyone ?????

I think I get along with most people. But if you think I am an issue there is an ignore feature and I won't be upset with you should you choose to use it :) Peace!

No problem here just stating the obvious
That I can't get along with anyone? Your words, not mine. I don't think that's true at all. And kind if a lousy thing to say. But whatever.

My brother in law has a new Outcast about a month ago- he is pissed his kid's Traxxass is faster.

The Traxxas is a Rustler 4x4 brushless on 3s and +2 on the pinion.

The Outcast is stock on 6S

I told him I have to see it to believe it.

Hopefully this weekend. :)

That's y i put crying emojis cause my heart hurts when i see the arrma family arguing ?
I'm self aware to the point where I know I can be abrasive and not everyone is going to like me. It is what it is. If someone posts something that I feel is bullshit!t, I am going to say something. I always try to help people on this forum. I think at this point that's undisputable. I don't think the Arrma trucks are perfect. They aren't. I call a spade a spade. Your boy peenut messaged me to tell me I am a pathological liar that intentionally misleads people. So yeah. I had an issue with him. Most people would too if they were called that.

Anyway, sorry if I got defensive. Arguments happen, especially on internet forums ?

I think I get along with most people. But if you think I am an issue there is an ignore feature and I won't be upset with you should you choose to use it :) Peace!

I’ve done that for two very special people on here as I just couldn’t be bothered with their p!54. Best part is I can’t see if they’re upset about it or not. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back