Another stock servo bites the dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkd13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Yep it is shot I think. Over tightened the servo saver.

So I put a Savox 1211SG because I have one on hand. I got a CC BEC 2.0 and will be wiring that in soon. And getting a 1210SG here this week.

So what are people setting their servo saver to with the 1210. Don’t feel like blowing up another.

(Yes I have looked. Just curious about what people are setting them to with that particular servo)

Last edited:
The biggest thing is setting the endpoints.

there is instruction in the Kraton manual on setting the saver.

The biggest thing is setting the endpoints.

there is instruction in the Kraton manual on setting the saver.

He manual is so damn cryptic. I set the endpoints for the servo. I just don’t know how much I can actually tighten the saver without too much force being transferred to the servo. More looking what others have done

Oh for that do it with servo turned off, just put it snug with locite hold the horn with your hand

Well I upgraded the Servo and added a BEC and removed the second plug. And added a hot racing servo mount. Seems to be better.

Also I ajusted the saver to be 4.5mm from chassis. Gonna run it and see how it goes. Threw some picture in there and hopefully good to go
image.jpg
image.jpg

He manual is so damn cryptic. I set the endpoints for the servo. I just don’t know how much I can actually tighten the saver without too much force being transferred to the servo. More looking what others have done
I set my set my servo saver to about 5 mill above the chassis

I set my set my servo saver to about 5 mill above the chassis

I set mine depending on the truck weight and the tires I’m running. On my Kraton with the really big Trenchers I have mine cranked almost all the way. Anything less and it just doesn’t turn well with power on. On my Typhon with the 2.8 Badlands, I do not have it set as tight because I can get decent power on steering with it not as tight. Also, the servo also plays a hand in how tight to set it. I think the better servos can stand more abuse than the stock servo.

I set mine depending on the truck weight and the tires I’m running. On my Kraton with the really big Trenchers I have mine cranked almost all the way. Anything less and it just doesn’t turn well with power on. On my Typhon with the 2.8 Badlands, I do not have it set as tight because I can get decent power on steering with it not as tight. Also, the servo also plays a hand in how tight to set it. I think the better servos can stand more abuse than the stock servo.

I am running backflips and I have it set to 5mm and it is working well. May tighten later but it is preforming well now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back