Outcast Another Stock Servo Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnOutcast

compulsive over-thinker, I think. 🤔
Reaction score
I was adjusting droop screws yesterday when I noticed something weird with the front end steering travel…
When manually moving steering (no power) full left position to full right position, the servo will often catch a little past midway to the right. A little extra force and it will then continue to move to the right. Strange (to me) it does this only moving left to right, always at the same spot, and it doesn’t catch every time. I’ve checked for obvious binding with nearby wires but can’t see anything obvious. Removed servo link and rotated servo with the horn and it still catches. Is this normal? Am I missing something? Thanks for your thoughts and advice!

Is this only happening with arms extended all the way or no matter where suspension is?

If all the time, I had an issue on my 3s where the chassis was pushed up a smidge causing the servo horn arm bolt head to hit the chassis a touch turning full right. Used a dremel lightly to resolve.

Edit: Scratch that, the servo is mounted differently on 6. :)

That's not normal.
You might have a bent gear tooth within the servo..
Wouldn’t a bent gear catch every time?
Is this only happening with arms extended all the way or no matter where suspension is?

If all the time, I had an issue on my 3s where the chassis was pushed up a smidge causing the servo horn arm bolt head to hit the chassis a touch turning full right. Used a dremel lightly to resolve.

Edit: Scratch that, the servo is mounted differently on 6. :)
I’ve looked and looked for obvious clearance issues and don’t see anything. It is possible the servo is mounted incorrectly as I recently replaced, but since it was an exact replacement, there wasn’t any other mods, just drop-in.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t a bent gear catch every time?

I’ve looked and looked for obvious clearance issues and don’t see anything. It is possible the servo is mounted incorrectly as I recently replaced, but since it was an exact replacement, there wasn’t any other mods, just drop-in.

Depends on how severe the "possible" bent (chipped) tooth is ,I'd imagine.

It's just a hunch on my part ,won't know for sure until you take your servo apart..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back