Another stupid battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick

Reaction score
Hi,

I have another stupid battery question…

Am I right in thinking that a 3S 5000mah battery will take the same amount of time to charge at 1C as a 6S 5000mah battery at 1C?

Thanks.

Every battery will take about the same time at 1C (one hour), because 1C current is capacity divided by one hour, by definition :)

So unless your charger is too weak for the 6s, yup, same time.

Man that was quick. Thank you.

So I was trying to decide on buying 2 x 3S batteries vs 1 x 6S for a 6S car. I was planning to buy a spare as well so 4 x 3S or 2 x 6S.

If I have a 2 channel charger that can charge either option at 1C the 3S option will take twice as long to charge all batteries (2 hours) as the 6S option (1 hour). Correct?

If so that would make my choice quite a bit easier.

Thanks.

Depending on the wattage of your charger, the 6s may not be able to charge at 1C. First charger I bought could charge up to a 6s but was up to 5 amps and only 50w. This limitation resulted in 2s charging at 5 amps but even 3s only getting to around 4.2 amps. Do you know what the wattage per channel is on your charger?

My first charger was like that also, could charge up to 6s packs but not a lot of watts. So stuck to 3 and 4s packs with that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back