Kraton Another Timing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w4rwf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
For anybody that read my post on the new mamba monster x esc, it seems as though the default motor timing is 10 degrees. The spektrum default was 22.5 degrees. Anyone know if I am gonna hurt my motor running at 10 degrees until I get the programmer link to change it back to 22.5 degrees?

For anybody that read my post on the new mamba monster x esc, it seems as though the default motor timing is 10 degrees. The spektrum default was 22.5 degrees. Anyone know if I am gonna hurt my motor running at 10 degrees until I get the programmer link to change it back to 22.5 degrees?
It will actually be less hard on the motor as the higher the timing the harder the motor works and causes more heat as well. So no you'll actually be doing your motor a favorđź‘Ť

I'm trying to figure your question out...

You said you have a MMX ESC. That's a sensored ESC/Combo. Sensored means the ESC will know where the rotor and stator positions are and will dial in and out timing automatically for instant power right at 0 RPM. Once it gets up and running it will slowly or quickly dial OUT all the timing and basically run sensorless. All sensored ESC's dial out all the timing at speed to run efficiently. If you are running that sensored ESC with a sensorless motor, the less timing you have the better unless you are experiencing cogging. If that's the case dial in some timing till the cogging goes away. Yes, more timing will create more heat and they say more RPM.. BUT, because of drag I've personally NEVER seen any extra speed from running high timing.

Thanks again for the replies.

Gotnitro, I am using the stock Spektrum motor until it passes away(lets the smoke out) so to speak. I didn't get the combo, just the esc. Thanks to you both for the replies.

I don't own a Mamba ESC but I suggest to set the motor timing as low as possible: more timing means less more rpm but also less torque and more heat.
I prefer to run with 0°, never had any issue... I use 4 poles and 6 poles motors at 6s in my models.

I don't own a Mamba ESC but I suggest to set the motor timing as low as possible: more timing means less more rpm but also less torque and more heat.
I prefer to run with 0°, never had any issue... I use 4 poles and 6 poles motors at 6s in my models.
Ima try dat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back