Infraction Another tire/wheel option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
EDIT- dammit this post has been up less than15 min I already have to change it. My apologies. The inside edge of the rears have worn all the way through. There ARE foams but they’re really soft. I certainly cannot recommend this tire with out some kind of mod (like maybe hard foams inside). Also the offset is such that the wheel sits maybe 1mm farther out from the chassis

US $26.66 29% Off | 4Pcs 100X43mm Wheel Tires Tyre 17mm Hex for 1/7 ZD Racing EX-07 EX07 Arrma Infraction Felony RC Car Upgrade Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrkUvZe

i thought at first I would have to cut the stock body. But I didn’t do anything and ran as is on a bashing body and it seems fine.

i Just got my infraction a few months ago and I love it. I’ve beat it pretty good and its been through a lot.

id say my favorite tire are the GRPs in dry weather. Useless in rain. Might as well use plastic tires.

the Choons are pretty good. But the wheels have been fragile since the weather dipped below 60. Also, I’d say between 25-50% of them need to be re glued. I’ve unfortunet gained a fair amount experience learning how to remove tires from the wheels and re glueing the bad ones.

these new wheels seem more stout. DO NOT come with foam. And need to be glued. Here are some pics after a bunch of high speed runs with power slides. Donuts. Plenty of hooning. It’s a little weird because usually my front tires wear faster than the rears. I also find these wheels to control differently I feel like I have a tiny bit less control but I still think they are a great wheel and tire deal. Next time I’ll rescue old foams and use in these. About the same price as choons. the tread marks are super faint after one 10 min session of choons w the way I usually drive. These treads are quite a bit better but the insides of the rears aren’t so great. But that is likely the lack of foams is my guess

5A2BCAE8-9D33-41DE-946C-EF4C7E50D5C4.jpeg

376C6004-AA20-4DBA-B580-AC569207FA04.jpeg

57619051-F152-408A-85E9-00D1DBC21EDE.jpeg

6B2A8EC6-A909-4498-A43C-20C296BC4ECA.jpeg

Last edited:
What process do you use?
I like the oven method - the main problem is the fumes in the house. The other down side are the foams are shrunk and become unuseable. Oven is about 30 min or less and done! really easy. (also use leather gloves or something like that). the first time i did it, i didnt do it long enough and I soured on the method. This was a couple years ago. So recently, when I had all these Choons getting destroyed and wanting to reuse the rubber or the wheels, I had a bunch I had to do. I started out using a heat gun that I recently got that came with a solder rework station. That took forever, but I could see the glue melt and figured the oven would do a better job and I just needed to give it enough time. So that gave me the idea to try the oven method again but give it more time. I rewatched the blond rcgirl video and did it right this time

so much easier.

I'm doing acetone right now. The fumes are pretty bad though. and it takes 24-48 hours. I don't like that either but at least no one else has to deal with that. the foams are preserved w this method. And the glue also comes off the wheels so its easier to reuse wheels. with the oven, the wheels may still have a bunch of glue on them, so if youre trying to reuse them, it doesn't glue as well. I wonder if scrubbing really quick with a brush while still hot might help?

I like the oven method - the main problem is the fumes in the house. The other down side are the foams are shrunk and become unuseable. Oven is about 30 min or less and done! really easy. (also use leather gloves or something like that). the first time i did it, i didnt do it long enough and I soured on the method. This was a couple years ago. So recently, when I had all these Choons getting destroyed and wanting to reuse the rubber or the wheels, I had a bunch I had to do. I started out using a heat gun that I recently got that came with a solder rework station. That took forever, but I could see the glue melt and figured the oven would do a better job and I just needed to give it enough time. So that gave me the idea to try the oven method again but give it more time. I rewatched the blond rcgirl video and did it right this time

so much easier.

I'm doing acetone right now. The fumes are pretty bad though. and it takes 24-48 hours. I don't like that either but at least no one else has to deal with that. the foams are preserved w this method. And the glue also comes off the wheels so its easier to reuse wheels. with the oven, the wheels may still have a bunch of glue on them, so if youre trying to reuse them, it doesn't glue as well. I wonder if scrubbing really quick with a brush while still hot might help?
Thanks. Why/how does the oven ruin the foams?

Also I don’t think there’s any harm in letting the tires warm w oven as it pre heats. If you do it often enough, you’d probably get the knack for the perfect time to pull the rubber off

Also I don’t think there’s any harm in letting the tires warm w oven as it pre heats. If you do it often enough, you’d probably get the knack for the perfect time to pull the rubber off
Thanks. I’ve used the oven method before and it definitely affected the foams.

I’m going to give acetone a shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back