Typhon Another Truggified Typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackske

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey guys,

I announce you another Truggified Typhon, with the proline 1972 Chevrolet C10 body.
For this project came a brand-new Typhon V5.
20210602_151954.jpg

Other parts I used are the senton 6S front and rear shocktowers bodymountset included. The optional arrma wingman. Kraton wheelhubs en axles. Proline mx28 tires. Outcast sideguards.
Rpm Kraton frontbumper.
20210606_155024.jpg

Body fitment
Even my first-time cutting and painting a body.
20210604_145453.jpg

20210611_213935.jpg
20210607_192851.jpg
20210607_192816.jpg
20210611_213724.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures en result :D

Had the same setup two days ago. V5, Stock pinion, MX28, 6s. Going about 50km/h and pulled full throttle on loose gravel and it backflipped at that speed. Landed clean. Went past ballooning - all 4 wheels looked like discs. 500k center, 30k front and rear. Tire ripped off rim in about 2-3 minutes. Real driving time about 30 seconds. Could glue it. Differential was ripping in between. Skipping teeth. Think the rear one. Ugly sound. Ordered replacement parts without checking.

I wish I had known before.

Only going 4s from now on with MX28. Seems like the limit for MX28. Nice controlled backflips over ramp possible on 4s.

Same setup today but with buggy Proline badlands and 6s. 100km/h via GPS on gravel. Ballooning no real issue. Fun racing.

I basically switch between 6s with buggy tires and 4s with MX28.

Last edited:
Maybe 500K in de middle too much for the mx28, or you must shim your diffs.

Mine Krayphon what is build wit the Typhon v4, has proline badlands 3.8 on the front and rear proline sandpaddles 3.8, and 18T pinion on 6S it's a beast, no problems at this moment.

The diffs of the Truggified are stock at the moment, but probably I will start 30K/200K/20K
Beginning on 4S and we will see how it does

I had 300k in the middle and at 4s the MX28 ballooned too much in front. I think the MX28 would have burst in front with 300k and 6s. Shimming definitely a must. Did not check as the Typhon is pretty new. Like 5 or 6 Lipos.

Agree on the 20k rear. I have that on the Kraton V4 (50k front,200k center,20k rear) and happy with it.

Badlands 3.8 - what is your top speed? Just for "comparability" of the drive train. Or do you have the Kraton drive unit on the Typhon V4?

That 1972 Chevrolet body looks hot!(y)

I had 300k in the middle and at 4s the MX28 ballooned too much in front. I think the MX28 would have burst in front with 300k and 6s. Shimming definitely a must. Did not check as the Typhon is pretty new. Like 5 or 6 Lipos.

Agree on the 20k rear. I have that on the Kraton V4 (50k front,200k center,20k rear) and happy with it.

Badlands 3.8 - what is your top speed? Just for "comparability" of the drive train. Or do you have the Kraton drive unit on the Typhon V4?

That 1972 Chevrolet body looks hot!(y)
I'm not een speedrunner so I've no idea how fast.
It's a typhon V4 with kraton chassis. All electronics are stock.
2050kv 18T and 6S, he go's like hell. And everything stays cool. But now it's hot here, so maybe have too gear down in this weather.

Thanks, I'm very happy with it 😊

Last edited:
I set my swb similar, also like running buggy tires..got those mx28s an tha belted ones.belted ones are lighter,believe it or not. They are also narrower.

View attachment 153183
Next outing ya should get a rooster tailing video

Very nice job.sweeeet truck!!!!
I don’t think those are MX28. Those are MX HP.

I don’t think those are MX28. Those are MX HP.
If I'm correct, that are the new belted mx28 hp
They more narrow.
Only thing I don't now, are those tires a replacement and discontinued the other one's?

Last edited:
If I'm correct, that are the new belted mx28 hp
They more narrow.
Only thing I don't now, are those tires a replacement and discontinued the other one's?
Ahh I saw a vid where they just called them MX HP instead of MX28 HP. 👍🏻

First drive experience with the truggified the mx28 getting huge on 6s.
Before the second drive I gonna belt them and then see how it goes. And otherwise there's nothing else than strapped them

Rich Duperbash recommends strapping Mx28s on 6S and also the use of Kraton/Outcast spiral-cut differential gears and inputs on MX28s and heavier. The MX28 HPs do not require either of these mods as they're belted and so do not balloon and much lighter, saving strain on the diff gears and inputs. I run this exact setup by chance, I got a killer deal on 6X MX28 HPs nearly new and so my choice was made for me. Here she is:

20210523_165750.jpg

20210523_165759.jpg

Hey guys,

I announce you another Truggified Typhon, with the proline 1972 Chevrolet C10 body.
For this project came a brand-new Typhon V5.
View attachment 151898
Other parts I used are the senton 6S front and rear shocktowers bodymountset included. The optional arrma wingman. Kraton wheelhubs en axles. Proline mx28 tires. Outcast sideguards.
Rpm Kraton frontbumper.
View attachment 151899
Body fitment
Even my first-time cutting and painting a body.
View attachment 151901
View attachment 151906View attachment 151907View attachment 151908View attachment 151909
Hope you enjoy the pictures en result :D
That thing is absolutely stunning! Nice work.

I love the look of that set up! I have been toying with playing with my typhon 6s to gain some ground clearance. how big are those, they look like there sized between buggy and stadium truck tires. are you running stock suspension or is there some kraton / outcast parts in there as well?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back