Typhon Another truggified typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvmiller

Very Active Member
Reaction score
I took my Limited Project and turned it into a truggified typhon. I was looking at all the parts I had and realized I could make a truggified typhon AND another limitless by swapping parts around and picking up the little final pieces needed.

I took the typhon6s shocks off my old granite/outcast4s setup and installed it to the Limited project after I re-installed the typhon6s shock towers. To allow the bigger tires I used this since I had it laying around. Since I only plan to run this rig on 4S my old granite/outcast4s hw/hs esc/motor combo will go in eventually and the blx185 will move to the new limitless build.

I am able to fit 3.8 badlands with no rubbing on the body. I ran two 4S packs through it already and so far no issues with the 3.8 badlands. Everyone who has truggified the typhon before has used the mx28 badlands. I sold a set (mx28 badlands) earlier through this forum because at that time I thought I wouldn't need them. I just enjoyed the 3.8 more. I had to get another set just to make sure I really like the 3.8 on this setup or stick to the common 2.8 route.

Because I managed to get the outcast6s t2t brace on the rig I decided to just leave it. I had to lift the body and trim away at the front a bit to get everything to clear. This project started out with spare parts plus the little ones needed to finish it. Now that I have it going the truggified route it will get a bunch of hot racing parts installed to round it out. Mainly the bulkheads and aluminum diff cups is all that is left at this point.

3.8badlands.jpg

mx28badlands.jpg

typhon_body.jpg

Did some changes to the truggified typhon today. Raining out so can't test run.

I installed the hw/hs esc/motor combo I had in my granite.
esc_motor1.jpg

esc_motor2.jpg

And got the mx28 badlands mounted along with the hot racing aluminum steering blocks and rear hubs.
full_truggified.jpg

Last on the list is the aluminum bulkheads and aluminum diff cups.

I saw a youtube vid by driftomaniacs where he clocked a stock typhon6s on 4S at 49mph with a 20t pinion.

Earlier today I managed 47mph peak speed on 4S, 16t pinion and mx28 badlands. My esc won't take 6s (fine with me) but for a 16t pinion (tires helped I'm sure) I'm completely happy. And no thermal concerns either.

I saw a youtube vid by driftomaniacs where he clocked a stock typhon6s on 4S at 49mph with a 20t pinion.

Earlier today I managed 47mph peak speed on 4S, 16t pinion and mx28 badlands. My esc won't take 6s (fine with me) but for a 16t pinion (tires helped I'm sure) I'm completely happy. And no thermal concerns either.
she’s angry haha. Not bad at all. Little lightning typhon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back