Granite Another Typhon 6s shock fitting guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Sorry if this has been posted before..?

I just got my Typhon shocks from Jenny's this morning..?? and thought I'd post up how I got mine to fit..

The shocks have the plastic caps which I know are not the best, but I think it has worked out better in the end..

So I was trying different ways to mount them at the top of the shock tower, I tried small metal tube sleeve but it was just that little bit too small and the shock rattled around, I'd read on here about nitro fuel line but haven't got any...?

I started looking at other cars and spares that I've got, then I suddenly saw I had spare turn buckles for the Senton 3s ? they looked about the same size..!!
So I popped the balls out, and amazingly they are a direct fit for the shock tops..???

Test fitted them only to find out they are a bit too wide, so after a bit of a trim down they fit in the towers like a glove..

I'm now off to rebuild the car and go bash..?

Hope this helps others..

And a question for anybody that runs these shocks.. What shock oil do you use..?? or do you run them as standard..??

Here are some pics..??

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2003.jpeg
    IMG_2003.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2004.jpeg
    IMG_2004.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2006.jpeg
    IMG_2006.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2008.jpeg
    IMG_2008.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2005.jpeg
    IMG_2005.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 79
Sorry if this has been posted before..?

I just got my Typhon shocks from Jenny's this morning..?? and thought I'd post up how I got mine to fit..

The shocks have the plastic caps which I know are not the best, but I think it has worked out better in the end..

So I was trying different ways to mount them at the top of the shock tower, I tried small metal tube sleeve but it was just that little bit too small and the shock rattled around, I'd read on here about nitro fuel line but haven't got any...?

I started looking at other cars and spares that I've got, then I suddenly saw I had spare turn buckles for the Senton 3s ? they looked about the same size..!!
So I popped the balls out, and amazingly they are a direct fit for the shock tops..???

Test fitted them only to find out they are a bit too wide, so after a bit of a trim down they fit in the towers like a glove..

I'm now off to rebuild the car and go bash..?

Hope this helps others..

And a question for anybody that runs these shocks.. What shock oil do you use..?? or do you run them as standard..??

Here are some pics..??
I used the turnbuckle pivot balls also putting mine on. I also just used the shocks with the oil that they came with. I did have to put washer between the pivot ball and the front a-arm to not have the spring/spring cup rub the front driveshaft also.

Fitted the Typhon shocks, its 10pm here so no test run till the morning..?

Quick pic to show the stand off spacer 1.8mm used on the front...??

Did a drop test it feels so nice, and best of all they don't leak...???

Attachments

• IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 67
I run the stock oil which I believe is 40wt. These shocks seem to handle better on my BRCC than stock....and as you said they don't leak.?

And.... Test results please? ?
Are they more or less the same length as factory?
I’ve been running these shocks on my granite since September. They are pretty much a perfect fit.

And.... Test results please? ?
Are they more or less the same length as factory?

They are so plush with 600cst in them, overall a great mod..?? they are basically a couple of mm's longer than factory.

Its not that the originals were bad, they are actually good shocks they just leaked...??

I found a way of stopping the originals from leaking too, by using red gasket sealer the stuff you would use for rocker covers etc, clean the shock body with alcohol then wipe the sealer around the body, In my case its at the top where they screw together...
Its a bit unsightly but I did get Arrma red sealant..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back