Another Warranty Experience with Horizon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
While not Arrma related, I wanted to share an experience I had with Horizon Hobby as it pertains to warranty. For those of you who are unaware, Horizon owns the Arrma brand and when you have a warranty issue, you are dealing with Horizon.

I purchased a nitro motor from Amain for my Losi Muggy on July 10th. It was a Dynamite Mach 2 .28 engine with a combination spin/pull start. I had read that the pull start was pretty poopy and most likely to break. Sure enough 2 months later it busted and I just went and bought another one. Second one worked for about 4 weeks and then the pull start would not engage the shaft. The spin start still worked so I moved to that. After a few days the piece where you insert the spin start rod busted so I had no way to start the engine. Once again I went and ordered a new spin/pull start. Then I thought why not try warranty? I emailed Horizon product support on 10/16. I detailed everything that happened, included pictures of the broken spin/pull start as well as the original invoice for the motor and the invoice for the last starter. I asked if they would be willing to warranty it. The next day (10/17) I received a response asking me to confirm my address, which I did. A couple of hours later they replied that they were ordering a replacement starter for me. On 10/18 I received notice that the pull starter had shipped.

I have to say I am very pleased with their response. They could have easily given me a hard time since you could argue that a pull starter is a consumable item on a nitro engine (I have broken plenty in my day). The fact that they just went and replaced it, no questions asked, means a lot to me and it is one of the reasons why I will continue to support Horizon Hobby products. Within the past 3 weeks they have replaced a servo for my Typhon and a fan for my BLX185 ESC. I received very timely responses to my initial emails the the replacement parts were received within days. Too many times you only hear about the negative stories when dealing with a brand or distributor. That is why I wanted to share this one. Great job, Horizon!

I also just had another positive experience with HH too. I ran my new Typhon about 3 - 4 times on 4s, pretty mild rips, just feeling it out with no jumps. Dropped a 6s in her, and blew the foam right out the tread surface area, creating a hole right through the tire. I ended up fixing the hole by taking the tire apart, taping and gluing etc....
Then I had a thought that I should give HH a call. I gave them the whole story, and they just wanted a pic of my receipt (this is key), and a pic of the fixed tire. They apologized that the original tires that came on the Typhon V3 are discontinued..... WHAT???. Then told me they could send me an alternative set, and instead of a pack of 2, it will be all 4 tires so they match.
Awesome, they really reached out to do what is right for the customer. Wicked job HH, appreciate it!

The white patch on the tread of the tire is were I fixed the hole.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back