Another Xlx2 bites the dust!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
This is the first… I’m getting power. I’m able to use the laptop and everything and able to see my logs. So I’m thinking that it’s kind of like the Xlx2 on the V2 which a SMC batteries kept shorting out. But wouldn’t even power on Happened once with this one as well…

Edit: I’ve already ruled out everything else.
Changed motor
Rx
Esc wires
Anyone else had a similar experience/issue?

Last edited:
Try doing a full software reformat if you have not already.
Worse case scenario call them on the phone for a warranty claim. They are usually really good to work with.
unless you have more than one xlx 2 have problems >.>

@real_name_hidden try deleting the data log. I've had problems in the past where my castle esc has bugged out and the only way for me to fix it was to delete the logs. They weren't even full but I still needed to delete them to get it to work again. Very weird and I have no explanation for it.

I also posted this in the other thread but it applies here too.

I'm thinking maybe the little screws holding the motor end plate are loose? I know sometimes those screws are loose on tp motors and need to be loctited. It also kind of looks similar to a problem I had when I first got my infraction and put in the xlx2 and sensored tp 5650 1720kv. I had problems until I moved the throttle trim forward or backward a few points. I don't' know why it was acting up but I had to spend literally all day tinkering with it to find that weird fix.

Definitely worth a shot and easy to try. I would also try swapping motor wires around a few times if all else fails. I've run into a lot of weird problems after owning so many rigs with castle electronics. Have spent a lot of time throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks

Last edited:
That sucks. Sorry to see it bro.
Check out Mr. Burgandy's build. He seems to be having a similar issue.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/well-that-escalated-quickly.34090/page-24#post-866076
That does sound/look similar but this sounds more electronic than mechanical, like Ron's sounded but I'm still pretty amateurish here.🤷‍♂️ Makes me worried about the one I just got. I got my new rx today, I'll have to give it a bench test tomorrow & make sure everything works 😬🤞

That does sound/look similar but this sounds more electronic than mechanical, like Ron's sounded but I'm still pretty amateurish here.🤷‍♂️ Makes me worried about the one I just got. I got my new rx today, I'll have to give it a bench test tomorrow & make sure everything works 😬🤞
Yeah, when he posted the first vid I thought it sounded mechanical (I think the chassis was acting as a resonance amplifier which exaggerated the thump) . But when he posted the second vid with it in his hand it sounded a lot more like what this one is doing. Hope everything is good with yours 🤞

Yeah, when he posted the first vid I thought it sounded mechanical (I think the chassis was acting as a resonance amplifier which exaggerated the thump) . But when he posted the second vid with it in his hand it sounded a lot more like what this one is doing. Hope everything is good with yours 🤞
Well I couldn't wait until tomorrow, binded the new rx to my nb4, went thru the throttle calibration, plugged the 1721 in & everything seems hunky dory. Also plugged in the tp 4060cm to check it & that seems good as well. Phew, what a relief.😉 Was really getting worried w/ 2 of these issues just days apart. Hope you both can get your problems resolved 🙂🤞

Try doing a full software reformat if you have not already.
Worse case scenario call them on the phone for a warranty claim. They are usually really good to work with.
Already did that. I’m pretty sure it’s from the last season when the SMC batteries kept coming undone? Because the second one kind of did the exact thing afterwards. Only difference was it lasted a few packs more than this one. When it happened I totally forgot about it and just started rebuilding it.

@real_name_hidden try deleting the data log. I've had problems in the past where my castle esc has bugged out and the only way for me to fix it was to delete the logs. They weren't even full but I still needed to delete them to get it to work again. Very weird and I have no explanation for it.

I'm thinking maybe the little screws holding the motor end plate are loose? I know sometimes those screws are loose on tp motors and need to be loctited. It also kind of looks similar to a problem I had when I first got my infraction and put in the xlx2 and sensored tp 5650 1720kv. I had problems until I moved the throttle trim forward or backward a few points. I don't' know why it was acting up but I had to spend literally all day tinkering with it to find that weird fix.

Definitely worth a shot and easy to try. I would also try swapping motor wires around a few times if all else fails. I've run into a lot of weird problems after owning so many rigs with castle electronics. Have spent a lot of time throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks

Thanks for the input man. Unfortunately resetting it like @LibertyMKiii said. And nothing changed..
But as stated I’ve tried new harness wires, Rx, motors. Reset. And all leads back to square one 😅 I’m just going to send it back in for warranty/repair

Well I couldn't wait until tomorrow, binded the new rx to my nb4, went thru the throttle calibration, plugged the 1721 in & everything seems hunky dory. Also plugged in the tp 4060cm to check it & that seems good as well. Phew, what a relief.😉 Was really getting worried w/ 2 of these issues just days apart. Hope you both can get your problems resolved 🙂🤞
I'm really glad for you and as you no I did a bench tested with mine after going over everything to make sure all was right and it still went up in smoke. I knew you had one coming and I kind of wish I hadn't said anything until now.

Last edited:
Awesome. You will love the NB4 and that’s a relief that you got good ones. XLX2 are great regardless. Crap happens.
I'm really glad for you and as you no I did a bench tested with mine after going over everything to make sure all was right and it still went up in smoke. I knew you had one coming and I kind of wish I hadn't said anything until now.

Try a new on again, right?
Not to sure if I understand the last part, but I’m going to send it in for warranty/repair. I just found it strange. I’ve learned… to keep extras. Always have one as a backup.. for reasons like this! So even though I am having trouble with this one. I have a backup. I was seeing if anyone else had similar experiences

Last edited:
Awesome. You will love the NB4 and that’s a relief that you got good ones. XLX2 are great regardless. Crap happens.

Not to sure if I understand the last part, but I’m going to send it in for warranty/repair. I just found it strange. I’ve learned… to keep extras. Always have one as a backup.. for reasons like this! So even though I am having trouble with this one. I have a backup. I was seeing if anyone else had similar experiences
Sorry. I posted before I saw what you said. I wish I was faster at typing. I'm getting a new one also.

Already did that. I’m pretty sure it’s from the last season when the SMC batteries kept coming undone? Because the second one kind of did the exact thing afterwards. Only difference was it lasted a few packs more than this one. When it happened I totally forgot about it and just started rebuilding it.

Thanks for the input man. Unfortunately resetting it like @LibertyMKiii said. And nothing changed..
But as stated I’ve tried new harness wires, Rx, motors. Reset. And all leads back to square one 😅 I’m just going to send it back in for warranty/repair
That sucks man, hope you get it fixed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back