Infraction Any alternative tyres and wheels for the Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shutter_Up_RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Absolutely LOVE my infraction.

Just wondering though if there are any alternative /after market wheel and tyre sets?

GRPs medium to high compound if you want more longevity at the expense of traction, the temperature also play an important role, I live in Florida and I got S5 and S7 compound and find out S7 works best for me in terns of durability because of the temperature, it drift better and smoke as well ;). But for a colder weather I think a softer compound will be better.

I got them from here on eBay

You can also buy the 2 new gold and silver Hoons

Last edited:
I know this post is a year old but I thought I'd add my experiences to it.

I got sick of paying for new tyres every 2 battery packs so I tried a couple of ideas. I only did the rear tyres first as you guys know they are the first to go.

First was to take my 'burnt to the canvas' tyres and cut along the inside edges on both sides and throw away the foam and rubber.

Next I bought some 6mm rubber strips from Clark Rubber and cut it to the width between the side walls. Next I used Polyurethane to bond the rubber to the rim.

That lasted about 10min. Once the tyre got hot, the rubber flew off. Tyres in front are Hoons so this pic was early days.

tyre4.jpg

Next, I superglued the rubber back onto the rim (for a quick fix) which still had a thin layer of Poly on it. They lasted a pack but them blew off again as it was ripping off the old Poly on the rim.

Next, I decided to burn the whole tyre off (along with the Poly), down to the rim while on the car (man was that fun slippin' around everywhere). So if your tyres are worn to the canvas, use some scissors and cut thru the canvas and just remove the center part of the tyre and run them with the thin rubber on each side of the rim and run them to the plastic.

Finally, get some 50mm wide x 6mm thick rubber, use Acetone to clean both the plastic rim and one side of the rubber strip. Run the superglue along the very edge of both sides of the rim and about 2" around the rim and go in a zigzag motion from edge to edge. Line the rubbers' edge carefully inline with the rim edge and begin to roll along where the superglue has been layed and hold it still with all your fingers pressing it onto the rim. Once it's stuck after about 30sec, zigzag another 2" around the rim and glue the rubber again until your get to the last 2". Cut the rubber to length and glue it down to meet up with the start. I use a couple of cable ties at this stage to hold the rubber on rim while it dries. Once dried, remove the cable ties and trim up the inside of the rubber to the width of the rim. I recommend wearing latex gloves so you don't glue your fingers like I did on my first attempt.

Final product should look like this. Ain't the prettiest looking but man do they work.

tyre2.jpg

I've been using them pack after pack and this is what they look like after 5 packs. Only worn 1mm off the thickness. So still got heaps of rubber and it leaves real rubber mark on bitumen. They also smoke well after they warm up. Also, because the rubber is hard, the car will be a bit slippery at first until they warm up. After that, it's a whole lotta fun drifting without think "Oh man, I'm gonna pay for this floating session".

tyre3.jpg

Real rubber marks lol
tyre5.jpg

This is the rubber I bought.
tyre1.jpg

So give it a go and let me know what you guys think. It works for me. I take the truck out, burnt 2 packs without worrying about my tyres anymore.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Where did you get the rubber and what thickness? This looks like a good hack. I get 10 packs on GRP and I know that feeling of guilt when burning rubber 😂

I just edited my post jkflow as I saw i forgot to put the size. It's 50mm wide x 6mm thick. You can get it at any rubber supplier. I use Clark Rubber here Perth Australia.
It takes a bit of time and costs around $50 in rubber and glue but well worth time and effort.

I know this post is a year old but I thought I'd add my experiences to it.

I got sick of paying for new tyres every 2 battery packs so I tried a couple of ideas. I only did the rear tyres first as you guys know they are the first to go.

First was to take my 'burnt to the canvas' tyres and cut along the inside edges on both sides and throw away the foam and rubber.

Next I bought some 6mm rubber strips from Clark Rubber and cut it to the width between the side walls. Next I used Polyurethane to bond the rubber to the rim.

That lasted about 10min. Once the tyre got hot, the rubber flew off. Tyres in front are Hoons so this pic was early days.

View attachment 119972

Next, I superglued the rubber back onto the rim (for a quick fix) which still had a thin layer of Poly on it. They lasted a pack but them blew off again as it was ripping off the old Poly on the rim.

Next, I decided to burn the whole tyre off (along with the Poly), down to the rim while on the car (man was that fun slippin' around everywhere). So if your tyres are worn to the canvas, use some scissors and cut thru the canvas and just remove the center part of the tyre and run them with the thin rubber on each side of the rim and run them to the plastic.

Finally, get some 50mm wide x 6mm thick rubber, use Acetone to clean both the plastic rim and one side of the rubber strip. Run the superglue along the very edge of both sides of the rim and about 2" around the rim and go in a zigzag motion from edge to edge. Line the rubbers' edge carefully inline with the rim edge and begin to roll along where the superglue has been layed and hold it still with all your fingers pressing it onto the rim. Once it's stuck after about 30sec, zigzag another 2" around the rim and glue the rubber again until your get to the last 2". Cut the rubber to length and glue it down to meet up with the start. I use a couple of cable ties at this stage to hold the rubber on rim while it dries. Once dried, remove the cable ties and trim up the inside of the rubber to the width of the rim. I recommend wearing latex gloves so you don't glue your fingers like I did on my first attempt.

Final product should look like this. Ain't the prettiest looking but man do they work.

View attachment 119973

I've been using them pack after pack and this is what they look like after 5 packs. Only worn 1mm off the thickness. So still got heaps of rubber and it leaves real rubber mark on bitumen. They also smoke well after they warm up. Also, because the rubber is hard, the car will be a bit slippery at first until they warm up. After that, it's a whole lotta fun drifting without think "Oh man, I'm gonna pay for this floating session".

View attachment 119974

Real rubber marks lol
View attachment 119975

This is the rubber I bought.
View attachment 119976

So give it a go and let me know what you guys think. It works for me. I take the truck out, burnt 2 packs without worrying about my tyres anymore.

Enjoy!!
Hobby guys 1 - 0 New tire retailers.
Nicely done.

I wonder if wrapping the tire with self vulcanizing tape after they show the belts would be a better fix? This would take a little bit of time to allow the tape to cure, but a single roll of tape should repair hundreds of tires.

Vulcanizing Tape

https://www.mcmaster.com/Vulcanizing-Tape/rubber-sealing-tape

I know it hasn't come up here yet, but I'll take the brunt of the attack. X0-1 wheels and tires are actually a slightly larger diameter than Hoons and way bigger than GRP. Only thing is the hub has Traxa$$ propietary style 17mm hubs, but a quick pass with a Dremel would take care of that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back