Talion Any benefits of running 160amp over 150?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Good afternoon guys!

I’m still learning and don’t know much about amps and kvs

Was wondering if there’s any benefits of using the Spektrum 160amp over the 150 with a 2050kv

Thanks

Last edited:
If you've got a 150 already, no, there's no major benefit in changing unless you plan to run 8s at some point. If you are purchasing one or the other, you may as well go 160a.

The benefit is 10 more amps
the rock maui GIF

I am thinking based on seeing increased failures on the firma 150 it's a bit undersized. I would go bigger.

Thanks guys!

I have both 150 and 160 Spektrum

I Did have the 160 and a 1250kv in this Xl talion but realized I can only run 6s because my 4s batteries won’t fit in properly together

So since I can only run 6s i put a 2050 with the 160

But I really don’t know whats best

I have a 150 and a 160amp
And a 1250 and 2050 motor

I Can only run 6s

Looking for most power and speed I can get in this Xlwb and obviously want to keep temps down

Which combo would you guys use

Thanks guys!

I Did have the 160 and a 1250kv in this Xl talion but realized I can only run 6s because my 4s batteries won’t fit in properly together

I Can only run 6s

Looking for most power and speed I can get in this Xlwb and obviously want to keep temps down

If you have it and not spending money, go with the 160A on the 2050kv motor. I did the same for my Infraction removing the stock 150A Firma for a 160A Firma. My goal was to help run the ESC a bit cooler since I do produce a lot of heat bashing and it cooks in the south during the summers.

I do not feel Firma is the best ESC but comparing the 150A to the 160A the 160A "seems" to have fewer issues. If I were buying I would not go with either and purchase a HW. In this case, use the 160A.

I smoked 2 of the older blx185's and went max6 in everything after that and never looked back.

Thanks guys!!
Appreciate the help!

I’m Going with the 160!

Thanks guys!

I Can only run 6s

I haven’t read this entire thread yet but… you can run the 8s esc with the 2050kv, just buy motor/esc adapters. Imo… a 6s esc runs better on 6s than an 8s esc on 6s. Also, when I went from my MMX6 to the MMX8, I did NOT go any faster or draw any more or less amps. Mayyybe if I was to over gear the pinion, It might reveal the threshold of each esc and the MMX8 might do more than the MMX6 if the stressors were there. Also… I did not draw more than 130-140 amps on either esc, both logs were identical in hp and amps with the existing setup at the time, funny…

I think the adapters would decrease efficiency because there is more resistance.
Yes I would agree. I had to use adapters to run my prior 6s spektrum lipos with the new MMX8S QS8 plugs that I soldered. I know that was a factor but I myself don’t have the knowledge or methods to know the determined values.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back