Any carpenter's or window installers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it’s going to take quite a bit more than paint touch up to finish it.
I'm guessing..
IF you weren't watching them closely , they would've just ran to your restroom and grab some toilet paper & wald it up to stuff/fill the gap.. then do you a solid by spray foaming that surface to give you that 'sealed off' look...

I'm guessing..
IF you weren't watching them closely , they would've just ran to your restroom and grab some toilet paper & wald it up to stuff/fill the gap.. then do you a solid by spray foaming that surface to give you that 'sealed off' look...
Or used your junk mail ads/ newspapers/ mail on the counter 😂🤣

I'm guessing..
When the installer said after pulling the large window out "You've got a problem here" maybe my reply shouldn't have been: " That's you're problem, not mine."
Or used your junk mail ads/ newspapers/ mail on the counter 😂🤣
Hey man, I cleaned up! 🤔🤣

309875681_10158502735942027_2113695647674528108_n.jpg

I think you need to find this installer.

ONLY Thing that can make this photo even More Intense would be to see a 18' Crocodile swinging on by the glass....

Last edited:
Old thread...
Any replacement window should be mounted to the bottom window framing first. Then set plumb with the left right and top.
Not the other way around where the replacement window framing is placed higher. Gravity will take over, and the window will not stay plumb. There should never be that much filler foam or filler shimming at the bottom.

This doesn't look kosher to me.
Looks like it was a rush job, without much preparation/measuring considered.
And this is a heavy large window.:unsure:
View attachment 248529

I think you need to find this installer.
That picture has been going Viral now for a week or so.
That was no cheap window or install. It almost defies physics.
Being the owner, I am sure the whole house had to be sealed like these windows are. Looks like 3 feet of storm surge there.:LOL:
The house may just float away like its a boat.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone noticed... But I think one of the two panes of glass has already shattered..

This thread aint that old! 🤣
The story gets even better...
Jobs still not done 1 year later. 5 of the error replacment windows just showed 2 weeks ago. A sixth was on its way before the 5 new ones appeared and... well... it had to be re-ordered for some reason. Tell me what ya think...

20221102_213105.jpg

20221102_213112.jpg

Last edited:
Jobs still not done 1 year later. 5 of the error replacment windows just showed 2 weeks ago. A sixth was on its way before the 5 new ones appeared and... well... it had to be re-ordered for aome reason. Tell me what ya think...

View attachment 256160

View attachment 256161

They can't even get the windows to open in the same way for the same room?
And the colors don't match...

Jobs still not done 1 year later. 5 of the error replacment windows just showed 2 weeks ago. A sixth was on its way before the 5 new ones appeared and... well... it had to be re-ordered for some reason. Tell me what ya think...

View attachment 256160

View attachment 256161
Where'd all the sheet rock go? Was that part of the renovation or did you get water in your basement?

They can't even get the windows to open in the same way for the same room?
And the colors don't match...
Winner winner! The window is supposed to be black exterior and white interior. It is however the correct style, a slider but was originally sent as a double hung unit and returned last April.

Is that only 1inch strapping on the exterior walls? Doesn't leave much room for insulation. Unless it's insulated on the outside.
Is there any codes there to protect electrical cables from getting accidental drywall screws?

Where'd all the sheet rock go? Was that part of the renovation or did you get water in your basement?
I live in FL...
We flooded during hurricane Ian.

20221106_102834.jpg

Is that only 1inch strapping on the exterior walls? Doesn't leave much room for insulation. Unless it's insulated on the outside.
Is there any codes there to protect electrical cables from getting accidental drywall screws?
I'll be bringing everything up to code. 👍There's 3/4 foam board between the furring strips on the exterior walls of this room.

I live in FL...
We flooded during hurricane Ian.

View attachment 256168

I'll be bringing everything up to code. 👍There's 3/4 foam board between the furring strips on the exterior walls of this room.
Man, that really sucks. I certainly hope that they will be able to get the work done correctly & in a little more timely manner this time. Are the same guys doing all the drywall & trim work too?

Man, that really sucks. I certainly hope that they will be able to get the work done correctly & in a little more timely manner this time. Are the same guys doing all the drywall & trim work too?
No, I'm out of coming out "retirement" for this one. I'll sub out electric and plumbing, but the rest will be me.

20221112_124726.jpg

No, I'm out of coming out "retirement" for this one. I'll sub out electric and plumbing, but the rest will be me.

View attachment 256172
Probably a really good call there man, to be honest. @ least you won't have to worry about getting the work done right, the 1st time! & you should be able to get done BEFORE next Halloween!!😆

Well, I fixed the framing. They sent their "cleaner" out to get the job sorted and they pulled the window and reinstalled it after I reframed the opening.

Been a Lil busy, but I'm doors, trim, and a kitchen from moving back in.
...and they F'd up my bedroom window (2nd pic) after three tries I told them I wasn't paying for the third mistake.
Excuse the paper, it's covering a newly refinished Terrazzo floor.

20230404_193849.jpg

20230607_082952.jpg

20230607_082830.jpg

20230401_114145.jpg

20230401_111726.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back