Typhon Any Cheap/Chinese LiPo's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi, I recently bought a Typhon 3s, which wasn't in stock anymore a few days later. I got my money back, everything is fine and i bought a 6s Typhon v3. I also ordered two 3s lipo's (ordered those in combination with the 3s Typhon). Now I want two other 3s LiPo's but I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Does anyone use a cheap or chinese battery with good quality? I'd like a 3s (11,1 Volts) with around 5000 mAh and 50C discharge rating.

If you have one with good quality please let me know what brand, the specs and where you got it from, it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks! ;)

Also, I live in Europe, so batteries from Amazon, eBay or other US websites won't help me :cry:

Lipo and China are not something I trust. Maybe that's just me but I don't compromise on something as dangerous as a lipo battery. Id say spend extra on a reputable company.
You do realize that all of the lipo factories are in China right? IIRC there are only like 6 or 7 actual lipo factories and everyone buys their batteries from one of these manufacturers.

Hi, I recently bought a Typhon 3s, which wasn't in stock anymore a few days later. I got my money back, everything is fine and i bought a 6s Typhon v3. I also ordered two 3s lipo's (ordered those in combination with the 3s Typhon). Now I want two other 3s LiPo's but I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Does anyone use a cheap or chinese battery with good quality? I'd like a 3s (11,1 Volts) with around 5000 mAh and 50C discharge rating.

If you have one with good quality please let me know what brand, the specs and where you got it from, it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks! ;)

Also, I live in Europe, so batteries from Amazon, eBay or other US websites won't help me :cry:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/ < tons and tons of batteries in this thread.

You do realize that all of the lipo factories are in China right? IIRC there are only like 6 or 7 actual lipo factories and everyone buys their batteries from one of these manufacturers.
That's what went through my mind as well immediately as soon as I saw the response but I didn't want to say anything. LOL

That's what went through my mind as well immediately as soon as I saw the response but I didn't want to say anything. LOL
Not much made in the USA anymore, mostly aftermarket stuff. I don't even think Team Associated vehicles are made here anymore.

We've had good results from the hrb 6s 5000 packs but for that price the HD turnigy 6s 5000's are a little nicer.

I use the HRB’s too, just bought a turnigy but prefer the HRBs...seem to charge quicker and last longer.

ZOP Power is another brand that is rather hit or miss, and they sell numerous batteries that are the same dimensions and weight but listed as different capacities and c rates.
The batteries I bought were 5200mah 50c 3s, actual capacity was ~5800mah for one pack and 5700mah for the other and I am pretty sure the c rate was maybe 15c, these batteries got really hot and started to puff when ran in my Outcast.

ZOP Power is another brand that is rather hit or miss, ...these batteries got really hot and started to puff when ran in my Outcast.
That's not good then so one to stay clear of then really.

I'm paranoid enough about my Lipo bursting into a rocket engine, setting fire to everything it touches as it is and I bought a fairly decent one (or at least I think so). :LOL:

Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus is what I use (5000mAh 70C constant/150C burst) and so far it has been faultless.

I get that but haven't people had issues with some of the ebay type Chinese ones? Maybe I'm wrong. It's why I tend to trust the more name brand packs. Gen Ace, Powerhobby.

I get that but haven't people had issues with some of the ebay type Chinese ones? Maybe I'm wrong. It's why I tend to trust the more name brand packs. Gen Ace, Powerhobby.
Yes, they have and I have as well, I'm 1 and 6 with the ebay cheapos.

I use the HRB’s too, just bought a turnigy but prefer the HRBs...seem to charge quicker and last longer.
Which turnigy's did you buy? I just picked up the HD 6s 5000 and the HD 7s 5000, both are performing really well so far. Great bang for the buck.

Which turnigy's did you buy? I just picked up the HD 6s 5000 and the HD 7s 5000, both are performing really well so far. Great bang for the buck.
Not sure what he has but I has the Turnigy HD.

Thanks! ;)

ovonic is really affordable, and they'll open the EU warehouse soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back