Any Corally Peeps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So my LHS had a deal on Corally Shoguns for $350. I couldn’t resist. I really like it. It’s fast, fun and handles like it’s on rails. I barely had it home for an hour and had an ic5 soldered on, my futaba receiver installed, and a Reefs Raw 500 fitted.
563FAC52-5B56-47CC-B52E-1D9BA382CD00.jpeg

A87FA36C-42B7-4FD4-A82D-2344E72EBEFA.jpeg

4CB11E72-6B30-40DC-9247-2096A8C44900.jpeg

And this is why I run the Reefs Raw 500 in all my rigs…

Looks good, if you're sending it, well worth it to get the T2T brace.

I have a Sketer I bought for my son. He had/has a v1 Kraton 4s that I got tired of messing with the slipper clutch, etc on. We have installed the 6S setup (same as yours) in it, widened its stance, and installed backflips on it. Super fun and durable truck. I really enjoy it.

That’s in the works. I’m pretty excited to get it out and see what it’s capable of.
I have a Sketer I bought for my son. He had/has a v1 Kraton 4s that I got tired of messing with the slipper clutch, etc on. We have installed the 6S setup (same as yours) in it, widened its stance, and installed backflips on it. Super fun and durable truck. I really enjoy it.
I actually have a set of backflips that will likely find its way onto it.

I’ve got a Kronos XTR next to a Kraton EXB and an Outcast EXB (both 6s). The Kronos puts the biggest smile on my face. It’s somehow the most fun to ride and it backflips better than the outcast (double backflips without effort).

Durability is OK out of the box. After fitting the stock plastic steering rods and a 3D printed wingmount it is good.

For wrenching I prefer the Arrma’s, maybe because I have more experience with those.

Since razor is on this thread, thank you for your videos on the Sketer. I followed your blueprint on widening the truck out, appreciate the info you put into your videos.

I have a sketer. It's ok, but I wouldn't send it too high (the Sketer that is). My chassis is still straight though after a few jumps that would have destroyed my stock chassis on my 8s and 6s Arrmas. But the Arrmas have stronger parts like the arms, driveshafts, and such. I like the Sketer.

I have a Radix6 and a Muraco. The Muraco has the same chassis as the Shogun: the difference between the Shogun and the Muraco is primarily the body, and not much else.

Both of my Corally vehicles have been upgraded with TC 7075 shock towers, 7075 chassis braces, hybrid ceramic wheel bearings, motor fans and mounts, heavy duty shock springs, and receivers for a Radiolink RC6GS radio system.
I bought and installed the T2T brace in my Muraco, even though I don't "send it". The chassis looks bare without the brace.

Last edited:
So my LHS had a deal on Corally Shoguns for $350. I couldn’t resist. I really like it. It’s fast, fun and handles like it’s on rails. I barely had it home for an hour and had an ic5 soldered on, my futaba receiver installed, and a Reefs Raw 500 fitted. View attachment 261455
View attachment 261454
View attachment 261456
And this is why I run the Reefs Raw 500 in all my rigs…
I saw a shogun in the hobby shop a couple of months ago & I really caught my eye. Looks kinda like a talion, behave like one?

Since razor is on this thread, thank you for your videos on the Sketer. I followed your blueprint on widening the truck out, appreciate the info you put into your videos.

Awesome, glad it helped! The goal is to help get out as much good information as I can (and not just launch it into a tree and say "it's broken"), so it's nice to hear that!

I saw a shogun in the hobby shop a couple of months ago & I really caught my eye. Looks kinda like a talion, behave like one?
I don't have the Shogun, haven't seen one in action either, so can't speak of it. But, I have a Kronos xtr, it's a '21 model so no t2t brace. Rolling on Losi XTT truggy tires,similar I'd guess to the Shogun maybe a bit heavier with the aluminum bracing but I'd guess it's negligible. It has a TC combo in it. It's been solid after upgrading the diff and pinion cups to spring steel. My bro has a Talion exb that's bone stock, exception being tires..we still haven't found a place the katars work well. People love em, we hate em. Go figure,lol.The talion has DTX x cons on it now.
Id say the kronos handles as good as the talion.
The Corally flat out rips, handles great. Durability is in Arrma's favor I feel. The TC plastics aren't as robust. I've had no problems from the diffs or axles.
My bro actually just got the rtr Kronos yesterday, supposed to be coming out tomorrow for some bashing. He was all TRX until this past summer, he now has 4 Arrmas and about 6 TRX's.. he's coming around😎
Unrelated, but I'll say it anyway..think of it as a PSA..
I'd buy a TC or Arrma over a sludge any day of the week!! My bro has one, nothing but a money pit,period. He says the same every time we talk..and that's from a TRX guy!!🤣🤣 Not hating TRX, just the sludge.I own 3 TRX's.

Drunkenly bid on a Python 6s XP and have loved it. I have it posted up for sale but not sure if I'll keep it up because after 1-2 test runs I'm kind of loving it. If someone offers up the price, I'll probably ship her off but I'm probably going to be buying a Shogun or Kronos as it's more my speed.

A not so bad problem to have IMO 😁
I filled up my trash can on Tuesday with a bunch of old crap now I only have 1 car on the floor in my closet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back