Any DBXLE experts here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Hey guys I have a bone stock DBXLE 2.0. So far I’ve only upgraded to the Max 5 ESC. The DBXLE is so obviously built to handle more. The beefy drive cups… the outdrives are the exact same as the M2C 8S overkill, big fat shocks/rod ends, super tough suspension arms and ridiculously thick hinge pins… anyways I’m sure you all know all this, how can I extract more power when the motor mount barely leaves room for pinions?? Anyone have a source for motor mount upgrades? And gears? Maybe a new spur as well?? I know this thing can do so much more

339D226C-6C8B-412A-9A44-CD83B6037801.jpeg

30236AE2-E29E-46A1-92D8-70667ABA7EC4.jpeg

4392C3C3-0484-46EF-9B33-4AC5117ECB57.jpeg

How are you liking the six packs on the dbxl?

I think what you want is this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265795875240

You could also drop spur tootth count to not only gain more speed but also fit bigger pinions with the stock mount. My DBXL has a 46t spur but I think stock is 50?

Stock mount is good to an 18t? I ended up going with the vitavon center diff case along with the f&r bulkheads, as I was going with the max4 setup.... this pic is from Saturday after the 20t pinion swap,.... she is a rocket!!!! Next up is a GPS unit and the 24t pinion...Mike
Screenshot_20230116_162737_Gallery.jpg

Are you still running the stock spektrum motor with the max5? What is your gearing now? This is one I just picked up from a co-worker, I ripped the stock esc out and did the max5, with stock motor and 18t pinion... I'll try her out when it stops snowing....
Screenshot_20230116_164342_Gallery.jpg

Also here is an up close of the vitavon mount setup, that's a 20t and there is a good amount of room for going up...
Screenshot_20230116_163914_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Stock mount is good to an 18t? I ended up going with the vitavon center diff case along with the f&r bulkheads, as I was going with the max4 setup.... this pic is from Saturday after the 20t pinion swap,.... she is a rocket!!!! Next up is a GPS unit and the 24t pinion...Mike View attachment 270666
Are you still running the stock spektrum motor with the max5? What is your gearing now? This is one I just picked up from a co-worker, I ripped the stock esc out and did the max5, with stock motor and 18t pinion... I'll try her out when it stops snowing....View attachment 270668
Also here is an up close of the vitavon mount setup, that's a 20t and there is a good amount of room for going up... View attachment 270669
That vitavon setup will work with smaller motors too? looks nice!

Absolutely!!! The newer version has extra mounting holes for the 70125,... before the 70125 came back into stock, I ran a Hobbystar 56113 580kv with no issues. Mike
Thanks! how do you like the 12s? what esc did you use before? Your drivetrain holding up to the power? Sorry for the questions but I'm considering going 12s in my dbxl so I'm curious haha. Currently it has the xlx2 1100kv combo.

I bought it second hand with an xlx2 and tp motor, I didn't like it one bit... sold that combo within one week... but pm me as I don't want to clog up MrWednesday's thread... Mike

How are you liking the six packs on the dbxl?

I think what you want is this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265795875240

You could also drop spur tootth count to not only gain more speed but also fit bigger pinions with the stock mount. My DBXL has a 46t spur but I think stock is 50?
My only concern is that the 1.0 motor mount holes don’t line up with the 2.0, so how can that system be for 1.0 and 2.0? Also the description is incoherent and doesn’t specify pinion options. It certainly looks very nice and I want it to work pretty badly as a result of my vanity lol. I just want a bracket that fits without having to drill into the chassis, and I kinda want to know what the limits for gearing are with the stock motor on the Max 5 as well. I mean does the max 5 allow for higher top speed gearing over the stock Spek 160a?

Stock mount is good to an 18t? I ended up going with the vitavon center diff case along with the f&r bulkheads, as I was going with the max4 setup.... this pic is from Saturday after the 20t pinion swap,.... she is a rocket!!!! Next up is a GPS unit and the 24t pinion...Mike View attachment 270666
Are you still running the stock spektrum motor with the max5? What is your gearing now? This is one I just picked up from a co-worker, I ripped the stock esc out and did the max5, with stock motor and 18t pinion... I'll try her out when it stops snowing....View attachment 270668
Also here is an up close of the vitavon mount setup, that's a 20t and there is a good amount of room for going up... View attachment 270669
The max 4 is in every single one of my wet dreams, I want one so bad. I have an M2Ced Kraton 8S EXB I just rebuilt with all new parts, brand new rpm arms all around, new shock rods and rod ends and caps (used shock bodies), 3 new diffs except for main gear potion, brand new bulkheads and shock towers, new exb tie rods and rod ends, every single bearing is brand new, then the following M2C parts: chassis, 4 overkills, A/B & C/D, steering crank and shock shafts, chassis brace ends all M2C, with HW 56113 800kv, and max 5 Spektrum 6ch AVC telemetry receiver and the big DBXLE servo (just ordered 2 60kg servos for it). Also have a box of M2C parts and other parts like exb all aluminum ab cd blocks x 3 sets, full set of bearings, 3 steering bell cranks… there’s pretty much enough to build an entirely new Kraton. I have a full list of all the parts available and 2 shoe gooed bodies, 1 emerald green pearlescent and one EXB both in excellent condition. I have it valued at about $2000 Canadian easily. The reason I’m saying all that is I want to sell it and reinvest every penny into my DBXLE, but it’s gonna take time to find someone who understands what exactly I have for sale and why it’s valued at that. It’s fully bashable without ANY fear of breaking something I don’t have triples of lol. This is a full setup for whoever gets it. Hard to sell here in Niagara region Ontario Canada .

Keep the Kraton and build the Losi... you need both... Mike
Why do you say that? I’m new to the hobby, less than 3 months actually, I’m a quick study. My first car was Outcast 8s exb and I customized the shot out of it and traded it for the losi. But it kinda feels like I have 2 very similar cars… I also have a Mugen Seiki 1/8 that I love.

My only concern is that the 1.0 motor mount holes don’t line up with the 2.0, so how can that system be for 1.0 and 2.0? Also the description is incoherent and doesn’t specify pinion options. It certainly looks very nice and I want it to work pretty badly as a result of my vanity lol. I just want a bracket that fits without having to drill into the chassis, and I kinda want to know what the limits for gearing are with the stock motor on the Max 5 as well. I mean does the max 5 allow for higher top speed gearing over the stock Spek 160a?
There are people on YouTube using that mount just fine. You can always get the vitavon o e though. Regardless, you don't even need a new mount to get more speed.

All you need to do is get a new spur gear and yes the max 5 is much better than spektrum 160a.

There are people on YouTube using that mount just fine. You can always get the vitavon o e though. Regardless, you don't even need a new mount to get more speed.

All you need to do is get a new spur gear and yes the max 5 is much better than spektrum 160a.
Oh ok, I thank you sincerely for the advice, the motor mount seems to be something frequently replaced, I wonder why? The design seems fine, and if all I need is a smaller spur then… I wish amazon had DBXLE spurs, any idea how decipher a 2.0 piñon from a gasser? A lot of the Chinese sources mislabel their products , it ends up being incumbent upon the buyer to make certain. If it seems like a stupid question, please bear in mind I’ve only been doing this since the beginning of November.

Oh ok, I thank you sincerely for the advice, the motor mount seems to be something frequently replaced, I wonder why? The design seems fine, and if all I need is a smaller spur then… I wish amazon had DBXLE spurs, any idea how decipher a 2.0 piñon from a gasser? A lot of the Chinese sources mislabel their products , it ends up being incumbent upon the buyer to make certain. If it seems like a stupid question, please bear in mind I’ve only been doing this since the beginning of November.
No problem, bro I've only been at it for a year and a few months, and I've only had my DBXL for 2 months or so. I bought it used from this forum actually lol. Mine has the stock mount and it's been working fine. Mine also came with a 46t spur and I slapped on a 15t pinion to go with my castle 2028 1100kv.

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=36559&p_catid=491

It's on amazon too. Stock gear is a 50t. Putting in a 46t will increase you speed by itself but it will also allow you to fit bigger pinions with the stock mount which will also increase your speed. 1 stone 2 birds (y)

I don't know anything about gas stuff besides it's loud. :ROFLMAO:

Hey brother.
I use an FID mount which allows bigger pinions. I’m running a 23 tooth and if I recall correctly a 46 spur…..disregard the red circles, they are denoting something else that I can’t remember…..
The DBXL is a perfect candidate for the Max4 combo if you can afford it. I run the max5.

cheers,
kev
D1CFB913-080E-4867-B109-02D2C517BC08.jpeg

0252CFE2-15D6-4FBA-88B7-F82EC37867B9.jpeg

Hey brother.
I use an FID mount which allows bigger pinions. I’m running a 23 tooth and if I recall correctly a 46 spur…..disregard the red circles, they are denoting something else that I can’t remember…..
The DBXL is a perfect candidate for the Max4 combo if you can afford it. I run the max5.

cheers,
kev
View attachment 271053
View attachment 271054
Oh man that looks beautiful. What size extensions you running?

1 inch DGI. I had the 2 inch on but it was a bit much.
@MrWednesday
Upgrade the chassis plastic braces to the metal ones if you can. I also replaced the front and rear differentials with the metal cups and both gearboxes with FID metal……yes, this rig is phucking heavy, I jump it, but I don’t Talbot it. (No offence to KT, I’m a fan…..have you seen his latest DBXL gasser video?)

Mine actually has all the FID braces and they look and feel quality. I also bought the FID f/r gearboxes but have yet to install. Messing around with the punch on my xlx2 trying to see how much the drivetrain can take. I think I have it at 40% right now but the fact some people are running 12s make me think I can go even lower on the punch control.

Back