Granite Any difference between the Granite BLX that came w/ the Tactic radio & the new ones w/ the Spektrum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elef3u

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was actually able to find a hobby shop with an Granite BLX in stock, but it must be old stock because it’s the version with the Tactic radio.

Besides the radio, did ARRMA change anything else about the actual truck when they started shipping it with the Spektrum radio?

I was actually able to find a hobby shop with an Granite BLX in stock, but it must be old stock because it’s the version with the Tactic radio.

Besides the radio, did ARRMA change anything else about the actual truck when they started shipping it with the Spektrum radio?

Good question I was on the fence with I bought mine, but it did not come with Tactic radio which I wanted what you found. Based on all the searching I found I could not find a difference...but let's have the vets chime in first.

Although I got the newer radio with my purchase, I immediately put the Tactic in my Granite BLX and has been a world of difference.

Good post like to see others chime in....]

V3 and v4 maybe? What’s the model #?

Good question I was on the fence with I bought mine, but it did not come with Tactic radio which I wanted what you found. Based on all the searching I found I could not find a difference...but let's have the vets chime in first.

Although I got the newer radio with my purchase, I immediately put the Tactic in my Granite BLX and has been a world of difference.

Good post like to see others chime in....]

Thanks...yeah I’ve never used either radio so I’m trying to figure out what to do. I’m trying to decide between that old stock Granite BLX that comes with the Tactic radio, or a newer Big Rock that comes with the Spektrum radio.

Ecs plug, new models come with IC5 old models came with EC5, they added a cap pack in line with the esc wires, spur gear and slipper pads(just the shape of where the pads sit in the spur the older style looks like a stop sign the newer style is castellated.)
V3 and v4 maybe? What’s the model #?
The Granite doesn't have a version number that only applies to the 6s models.

I'd get the one with the Tactic no matter what changes were done.
This ^ I have the older version Typhon and the newer version Senton, zero difference in performance out of the esc but the radios were a night and day difference, I couldn't even drive the Senton, I had to swap in an old Tactic radio I had laying around.

I managed to get a new granite about 10 months ago with the tactic radio, but had the new esc with the cap pack and ic5 connectors. But has the old style slipper pads. Must of been one of the models during the change over to horizon hobbies. But i was happy to get one with the tactic :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back