Outcast Any disadvantages with running all 3 EXB diffs in the open configuration with the shim kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I like the way things handled on my Notorious V5 and am looking for that with my Outcast EXB. My plans are to run all 3 diffs in the open config with 60K Front, 200K Center, and 20K rear. Will this be OK for general bashing, street wheelies, etc.? Thanks

I like the way things handled on my Notorious V5 and am looking for that with my Outcast EXB. My plans are to run all 3 diffs in the open config with 60K Front, 200K Center, and 20K rear. Will this be OK for general bashing, street wheelies, etc.? Thanks
I would leave the center max lsd and open f/r

I just put a center EXB diff in my v4 not and got regular diffs in f/r have got try it out yet.

I know I put it in all 3 of mine on my kraton exb just so it would be what I was used to from my v2 outcast. I didn't feel like relearning what oils to use, so I pulled them all and rebuilt them with the shim kit and 100/500/100. I run 100/300/100 in my outcast, but with the kraton being longer, the 500K gives me similar results in dampening wheelies while not totally eliminating them.

I know I put it in all 3 of mine on my kraton exb just so it would be what I was used to from my v2 outcast. I didn't feel like relearning what oils to use, so I pulled them all and rebuilt them with the shim kit and 100/500/100. I run 100/300/100 in my outcast, but with the kraton being longer, the 500K gives me similar results in dampening wheelies while not totally eliminating them.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Prefer the old Diffs (minus the issues).

I keep reading recommendations to use lighter weight diff fluids with the lsd Diffs. If I run them all in the open config does this still apply? Or can I run what I use to run in my Notorious which was 60k F, 500k C, and 30k R?

I keep reading recommendations to use lighter weight diff fluids with the lsd Diffs. If I run them all in the open config does this still apply? Or can I run what I use to run in my Notorious which was 60k F, 500k C, and 30k R?
If you don't run LSD treat it like a RTR open diff.

With "Open" LSD diffs, the oil viscosity (cst) does all the tuning with the Differential Action. . As with the standard RTR Open diffs. With non-opened LSD's, the tuning is done by "Staging" the LSD plates orientation. (in 2 configurations)
So with LSD's, thinner oils closer to stock cst's work better. This allows the LSD plates to control the diff action. Very thick oil would just lock up the diff action. This will just counter the Limiting slippage of the plates.
60/500/30 is a good place to start. What I would do.(y) And is what I use in my Noto, Kraton and Mojave open RTR diffs.
The LSD diff carrier/cup is larger. The Sat. and Sun gears are larger. Finding what is best is still personal preference. Trial and error.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back