ANY ESC AND MOTOR COMBO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tblazin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Talion
IM NOT PLAYING WITH THIS SILLY SYSTEM, I PULLED OUT ESC AND MOTOR, IF YOU COULD GET ANY SET what and why? I'm looking at castle mamba max the new one and the 1515 2200kv motor

guy was telling me to get the mm2 combo w same motor,im right about the better?

also what cap pack should I get, I like the size of the arrma one, I don't want those huge 1/5th scale ones, im building a light truck

or a Hobbyking combo? ill post links in a second....I'm not planning on bashing crazy maybe never see a 6c but I want most powerful as 100c 8000mah curls 2c I'm getting I want them to drive as hard as they can!!!!!

im teaching son w/this, we will move to 6c when he's ready I want the badass newest setup!!!!!!

(1)https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-...:kNMAAOSw9OFZHDC2:sc:USPSPriority!07628!US!-1

why don't they sell this w/xt90 ends??? deans etc, no xt90!!!

and what do y'all think of castle creations polarized connectors, they look nice?
this is castle I thought was newer and better?
(2)http://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-1/mamba-monster-x-sm1512-2650-010-0145-04
why isn't this fast ?ill number to make answering easier....these 2/3 are what I suggested the bay dude suggested 4....
(3)http://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-1/mamba-monster-x-sm1515-2200-010-0145-03
(4)http://www.castlecreations.com/en/m...aterproof-w-2200kv-motor-sensored-010-0108-03
IM RIGHT THAT #2 IS FASTEST, ALSO I WANT SENSORED FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF IT ALL....

The castle mamba monster x is a sweet setup, I have it in two of my arrmas. If your teaching your kid it's great to hook up to the computer and adjust the settings, throttle curves and way more adjustment than you need . At first maybe set top speed a lot slower than turn it up as he gains more control, granted you can do that with the remote as well.

The castle mamba monster x is a sweet setup, I have it in two of my arrmas. If your teaching your kid it's great to hook up to the computer and adjust the settings, throttle curves and way more adjustment than you need . At first maybe set top speed a lot slower than turn it up as he gains more control, granted you can do that with the remote as well.

better than the hobby wings? also whats the best motor, I have a 17 tooth pinion coming, and he's running {2} 8000Mah 2c 100,200burst lipo's , wasnt gonna take all the power away from kid, or the trinity white hard case 7700 100c packs like 139 a pop...

and I hear ya, I paid 700 to get son big rock, now I have all acer ceramic bearings coming, did titanium rods all ,thats the racer in me, but the stock esc, after reading the allowable setting BS, im getting him gear he can GROW WITH, LIKE IS THAT CASTLE COMPETITIVE IN 1/8 TRUGGY E CLASS? OR TEKIN ETC? IT IS SENSORED?

like with setup I showed you...also I have that old school castle clear programmer that went to pc, now I see they have a usb devise, is that what I need or is my old one still good, its NEW...lol...

also I have a iMac will the castle software work thru here I hope, or I have to grab a kids pc......
\
OH, HEY WHAT CAP PACK DO I NEED TO SOLDER IN LIKE STOCK, OR DO I NOT HAVE TO WITH THE CASTLE, JUST THE MAX 8, ACTUALLY THE MAX 8 REAL ONES don't COME WITH IS THAT JUST CAUSE ARRMA LIMITED THEM, WHAT DO THEY DO, SORRY NITRO 1/8 Buggy racer here, and truggy 10 years actually more lol

The arrma blx200 is a hobbywing max8. The blx185 is a hobbywing EZ-Run 150??? I believe, either way hobbywing is clearly stamped on the arrma esc so 'upgrading' to hobbywing is really not an upgrade.

I don' think the castle usb changed, either way when you buy the mamba max esc it comes with a coupon for a free programmer coupon.

I don't race so not sure what's more competitive on the track.

The arrma blx200 is a hobbywing max8. The blx185 is a hobbywing EZ-Run 150??? I believe, either way hobbywing is clearly stamped on the arrma esc so 'upgrading' to hobbywing is really not an upgrade.

I don' think the castle usb changed, either way when you buy the mamba max esc it comes with a coupon for a free programmer coupon.

I don't race so not sure what's more competitive on the track.

well I said max 8 as I can program more features and get bigger motor with combo,2200kv motor is faster than stock, is the mamba monster x that good? if so im order right now and 7.2 lipo Bec etc etc...its for son...was thinking saving a buck here, I have a eBay cart 400, and I'm sponsored by a few companies, so the 7700 100c trinity
Trinity White Carbon 8.4v 2s 7700mAh Lipo Battery Pack [TEP2303] I get very cheap cant talk about, but im grabbing 4....
TEP2303.jpg

I need a goos 2 port 10 amp per channel charger for son, I have Hyperion, NOT HIS!!..LOL
a good budget one, not to high 10 per channel is enough I don't want him reading things buying him a powerful charger like my Hyperion and he burns house down, I've seen a few around 100$ the ISTYD are neat, just not sure if good, lol

this is charger I'm looking at its like 150...watta u think has some advanced features...these chargers are leading edge technology
http://www.isdt.co/d2.html

Last edited:
XT90 connectors are great and really really easy to solder (and I suck at soldering). You can get them cheap on ebay....just look for the ones with the amass symbol on the plastic as they are reportedly better than the fakes. No experience with castle connectors, but likely excellent as well.

XT90 connectors are great and really really easy to solder (and I suck at soldering). You can get them cheap on ebay....just look for the ones with the amass symbol on the plastic as they are reportedly better than the fakes. No experience with castle connectors, but likely excellent as well.

I totally here you, and I have a bag of 20 sets, but there only rated for 100 amp tops, the 6.5mm castle polarized are rated for 200 amps! thats a big difference, why buy top of the line electrical if you cant transfer the power ? right?> believe me I don't wanna buy all new ones, and there expensive as poop!!!

I use the xt90 connectors, but yes the castle ones can transfer more power as per specs. I ha ent had an issue with the xt90s though. I use smc batteries and they have been good to me, no issues on charging or using them.

I use the xt90 connectors, but yes the castle ones can transfer more power as per specs. I ha ent had an issue with the xt90s though. I use smc batteries and they have been good to me, no issues on charging or using them.
how come that mamba monster x looks like another re-badged Hobbyking? it doesn't impress me, and I can find anything on power output etc? im thinking max6 call it a day, posiden motor, evul cap pack...

I just am not sure where to solder in cap pack, do I do just like the arrma big rocks esc came?, just seems like alot of weight dangling in air, and moving around every time I connect or disconnect lipos, please help anyone if you have a pic etc

ok so I ordered the NEW Mamba Monster X, not The Monster, or the MM2...its a new esc....now here a sweet lil secret, spent a tiny fortune today, and I just keep ordering like I have trump as a last name., Seriouslly Castle is done with all the beta testing/3 years working on it, yes, u guessed it,. BLUETOOTH FOR IOS . as there castle links always worked for the windows, they are first dropping the iOS, thakyou for that, go APPLE, he told me some of the features, this new esc, gonna have crazy amounts of adjustments, I may race it competitively, so I got that and the 1515 2200kv castle SENSORED motor, its a censored system,. SWEETT, than I proceeded to get in touch with Posieden, for those that don't know, they make silly fast/expensive brushless motors...so I ordered the 1521, bigger than my castle, castle has 1.5 "
15 = diameter of the motor or rotor (standard 540 size).
15 = length of the motor of rotor- longer means more torque
1 = number of turns, much like a brushed motor- the fewer, the faster
y = type of winding. Y (wye) and d (delta) have different torque and speeds, one being slower but stronger, and viceverser.

Take a look at the Neu website for more details, and the kv ratings that go along with each motor: http://www.neumotors.com/20061222/1500_series_.html
that explains the differences of what these motors mean, figured it was easier to paste, so I ordered the Poseidon 1521...and when I wanna go nuts, I couldn't help grabbed the 1527, these are the new pro style motors designed by STEVE NEU himself....ah lemme get link, these 2 motors cost more than the mamba system and than some, worth it....I love options..

Poseidon_P1527_c15_1500kv_designed_by_Steve_Neu.html

these are the real deal, the 1527 only 6c anything lower it will draw it all out, now the 1521, going by what I just showed you guys, is 1.5"inches to 2.1 inches longer, thats nothing, the 1527 might be to long, but I need a e truggy motor, I'm building a truggy GOD HIMSELF would be honored, I know im new, but look at my posts, no rookie.....lol...I plan to help as much as I can..right now, big rock is 100% disassembled in cups, dished, kit form. theres a reason, im gonna post as I go along.....this gonna be one hell of a Big Rock...already finally figured out the spring rates there insanely high, I mean kyosho's hardest big bore still 5 times weaker,

than a spring down from s o
s517709090352804841_p73_i9_w160.jpeg
ck.... they rate the springs at gf/mm means Grams-Force/Millimeters....it took a long time to crack the code, I challenge anyone to take a stab..lets say a even 600gf/mm?>?>>. gonna be a lotta silence, I hope not ,but, its nothing we use over here, and its not like the metric system, LOL

don't know why that landed there, and FORGET LEOPARD MOTORS, THOSE ARE WHAT ARRMA REBRANDS, ANYONE HAVing luck with them? I did some homework....

IM NOT PLAYING WITH THIS SILLY SYSTEM, I PULLED OUT ESC AND MOTOR, IF YOU COULD GET ANY SET what and why? I'm looking at castle mamba max the new one and the 1515 2200kv motor

guy was telling me to get the mm2 combo w same motor,im right about the better?

also what cap pack should I get, I like the size of the arrma one, I don't want those huge 1/5th scale ones, im building a light truck

or a Hobbyking combo? ill post links in a second....I'm not planning on bashing crazy maybe never see a 6c but I want most powerful as 100c 8000mah curls 2c I'm getting I want them to drive as hard as they can!!!!!

im teaching son w/this, we will move to 6c when he's ready I want the badass newest setup!!!!!!
Watch out for the max 8, idk what happened to mine. I installed it by the book did everything that was in the directions and 1 run perfect the next not so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-123211_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-123211_Facebook.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back