Any good lipo battery deals lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some cheap, light 4s lipos and just ran across these. They are only 4500mah but that works for what I’m putting them in. Not sure if the brand is dependable, but If I get a years use out of them I’ll be happy.
2Packs 4s Lipo Battery 14.8v RC Battery 4500mAh 60C with EC5 Plug Compatible with Arrma Axial Losi Blade E-flite 1/6 1/8 Scale RC Car Truck Vehicle Airplane Helicopter Boat Tank Models https://a.co/d/4v9KETC

EFEA0EB3-10D2-41F2-8A26-B294C793A617.png

I need some cheap, light 4s lipos and just ran across these. They are only 4500mah but that works for what I’m putting them in. Not sure if the brand is dependable, but If I get a years use out of them I’ll be happy.
2Packs 4s Lipo Battery 14.8v RC Battery 4500mAh 60C with EC5 Plug Compatible with Arrma Axial Losi Blade E-flite 1/6 1/8 Scale RC Car Truck Vehicle Airplane Helicopter Boat Tank Models https://a.co/d/4v9KETC

View attachment 265714
I remember @Engineer relaying that he's had some good luck with those exact youme lipos.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...eries-before-i-impulse-buy.55057/#post-796302

And that seems like a screaming deal for $50, even if they only last a year or so. I'd go for it! (y)

Are you going to run these in the 3s trucks (converted to 4s)?

Last edited:
Are these any good? I’ve no experience with HRB. Seems like a good price for two…

2C62BAD8-7C16-42DA-999C-E58F30E33931.png

@Velodromed did you ever decide on a set of 4s lipos? I noticed Rcbattery.com has a buy-one-get-one-for-a-dollar sale going on. I'm eyeing these:
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-5000mah-4s-35c-14-8v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html

They meet approximately the same dimensions as the youme packs you showed above, only slightly heavier. And total with shipping would be about $55.

I've been wanting to move to 4s on my big rock (I've got ginger throttle fingers, I just need the top end and cooler temps). And I think the youme or Rcbattery lipos might be the good option.

@Velodromed did you ever decide on a set of 4s lipos? I noticed Rcbattery.com has a buy-one-get-one-for-a-dollar sale going on. I'm eyeing these:
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-5000mah-4s-35c-14-8v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html

They meet approximately the same dimensions as the youme packs you showed above, only slightly heavier. And total with shipping would be about $55.

I've been wanting to move to 4s on my big rock (I've got ginger throttle fingers, I just need the top end and cooler temps). And I think the youme or Rcbattery lipos might be the good option.
Hey man, I went ahead and got the 4500 mah youme set to go with the 4s, 5200mah one I already have. I also have a couple hoovo 4s packs I use for my noto and Kraton but they are heavier and I really notice the weight with the 4s car. Those ones you mentioned are a great price but I like that the youme ones have ec5 connectors already. Of all the things I know how to solder, I hate doing Lipo packs the most.

But I tell you, old yeller is just as much fun with these 3S CNHL packs. I rarely use top end speed and when I do, it’s a bit nerve-racking. I have found that I am most happy around the 30-40 mph range and solely run in the dirt. I still can’t visually track fast things and reactions are not what they used to be (they suck actually).

What do you mean by ginger throttle finger? Does that mean easy or hard? And how is your big rock set up?

656EDE5C-789D-4E4E-AB46-FAE3F7A5E950.png

034D374B-6F69-456C-87F1-614025F340A8.png

Hey man, I went ahead and got the 4500 mah youme set to go with the 4s, 5200mah one I already have. I also have a couple hoovo 4s packs I use for my noto and Kraton but they are heavier and I really notice the weight with the 4s car. Those ones you mentioned are a great price but I like that the youme ones have ec5 connectors already. Of all the things I know how to solder, I hate doing Lipo packs the most.

But I tell you, old yeller is just as much fun with these 3S CNHL packs. I rarely use top end speed and when I do, it’s a bit nerve-racking. I have found that I am most happy around the 30-40 mph range and solely run in the dirt. I still can’t visually track fast things and reactions are not what they used to be (they suck actually).

What do you mean by ginger throttle finger? Does that mean easy or hard? And how is your big rock set up?

View attachment 267021

View attachment 267022
Awesome! Let me know how those youme packs treat you. I also have a set of those same CNHL packs, just purchased recently. They are definitely quality packs! They'll be running in my kraton mostly, but i should give them a try in my big rock some time. My top end is not for speed running but for mid air correction. We have several places with some decent sized jumps that I like to frequent with the big rock, and having the extra wheel speed makes it easier to correct if the car is pitching forward on a bigger jump.

By "ginger throttle finger" I mean that i'm not very heavy on the throttle. I know alot of folks tend to have issues when moving to 4s on the 3s trucks, but i rarely use full power hardly ever anyway. I also tend to find that when using higher voltage, lower C batteries, they often perform very similar to a higher C battery of a lower voltage. On my Kaiju for example, i ran an 8000mah 120c 4s set and got decent performance. i get about the same performance now when i run it on my 4000mah 60c cheapo 6s, but it runs alot cooler. That's what i'm trying to replicate with these "budget" 4s lipos.

Awesome! Let me know how those youme packs treat you. I also have a set of those same CNHL packs, just purchased recently. They are definitely quality packs! They'll be running in my kraton mostly, but i should give them a try in my big rock some time. My top end is not for speed running but for mid air correction. We have several places with some decent sized jumps that I like to frequent with the big rock, and having the extra wheel speed makes it easier to correct if the car is pitching forward on a bigger jump.

By "ginger throttle finger" I mean that i'm not very heavy on the throttle. I know alot of folks tend to have issues when moving to 4s on the 3s trucks, but i rarely use full power hardly ever anyway. I also tend to find that when using higher voltage, lower C batteries, they often perform very similar to a higher C battery of a lower voltage. On my Kaiju for example, i ran an 8000mah 120c 4s set and got decent performance. i get about the same performance now when i run it on my 4000mah 60c cheapo 6s, but it runs alot cooler. That's what i'm trying to replicate with these "budget" 4s lipos.
Cool man you drive like me. I also crank it up for jumps, but don’t do the big ones so much anymore. Just when I hit the skate park. Mostly I drive at our neighborhood ‘dried up’ lake park when I take the kid there most days. I only let it loose on the big dry lake bed. Otherwise I’m usually on 60-70%. There’s little ones around and all. So far I’ve managed to not hit any that aren’t my own 😅

Yeah I’ll let ya know how they are. Well, I’ll probably forget, but will comment about them on my 4s Vorteks Thing thread or 4s Old Yeller thread. Yeah those CNHL lipos are awesome! I got them 7-8 months ago on a silly good Amazon deal, $50 for both. Interesting observation about batteries! I’ll pay attention to that. My thing is weight, I’ve been trying to get lighter batteries, in relation to the car they are used in, lately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back