Any have the HobbyStar 3670\3050kv Motor? Did you cover the hole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
HobbyStar 3670\3050kv motor did you cover the hole to keep dirt out or leave it as is?

On the Arrma/Spektrum motors, I use the washer & o-ring suggestion on the motor shaft to reduce the amount of dirt that gets inside the motor. It looks like on the HobbyStar dirt can easily get in. Curious if anyone placed a sticker or something over the hole to deep stuff out the motor.

GdrgzCyn5PBwjTI9lwv8L5QgmsH6nBlfntGa2_llzTjgmBciSdb9Bk-EXVCxaRhg35I6JwWwACe54XlJNnI6hO-oAuYha7mdcQRjxKlAgnjHy8jjSndJzcnjpdWPCtu2UP9E6prxKr1icWp_GzVTBOYTBZXjdVnHmfFwxXlUocN97O89J-l1T9wIq1JURMJ6exYfzY27GPR3e3cTde_WJ5dNbzCOVQUCrUTsFusfLMQ_ryQJoBjkpxoIWoJIRY4mEm3viEelY5Nn-IYjwflSCmvw5MxYjAFJudSgI1mdlJehohiue1HV5bIhmV_YDa1cTZ4IRHHuL9J6I8iUm12b1Qjy5bi3rP4vilAfF3295cmTHWl2ZFIi2ixHmq1qwO6EMgVp2Mt8QSw4-MhWoqx7NTLYYFG2jaWm5p5QaLkcyuutOcF5ex2mHjrQy8bWdQ9_mpYWm9BKjPAr6Zh9tRFxdGdF4axyNcTK5h4BEDcIOI69M22s0PADtdOG9iLaaLXIfCwOpMVKoEvzHqrcJ7IWgsgFyKza6UPMx4BT3iiH3ggVY1MvwfyfdDHh0K00Uk0GVPpCYI60t_poScBkJVUb3czc3rds78egXjcMmeWycNobQtQ_Sn42GJoOkvpik4kpuKOwN3tThJgqikgLiqLQVIWUJ7xNkMNgP6QmaVrrnPvMCuNuWAk7NdxmNa7VD41H3p7YGR-mlnY-I4abx4fMUSw6Rw=w2561-h1153-no

I always use a piece of tape to cover the front and rear (if there is a rear bearing opening) on the motor. The rear only gets a small piece of tape, no need to cover it completely as there are no other gaps. I also cover all unused chassis gaps; spur gear slot and unused screw holes. Trying to make it as sand/dirt proof as possible😉. Here was the work in progress on the Kraton. If you look closely you’ll see 6 gaps were covered.
1638513616322.jpeg

1638513889246.jpeg

I had that same Hobbystar 3670 3050kv motor and did not cover the holes. Didn't have a problem with the bearings at all but also do not run in sand. The problem I had with that motor is that one of the screws holding the front end cap on sheared off while running under normal conditions. Emailed RCJuice with an explanation and pictures and not only did they not do a thing to help they never even bothered to take the time to respond to my emails. The motor ran great but RCJuice's customer service really sucks.

I always use a piece of tape to cover the front and rear (if there is a rear bearing opening) on the motor. The rear only gets a small piece of tape, no need to cover it completely as there are no other gaps. I also cover all unused chassis gaps; spur gear slot and unused screw holes. Trying to make it as sand/dirt proof as possible😉. Here was the work in progress on the Kraton. If you look closely you’ll see 6 gaps were covered.
View attachment 183609
View attachment 183610

Maybe a noob question, but wont covering the spur gear hole trap dirt, sand, ect. in the chassis exactly where you wouldn't want it?

Maybe a noob question, but wont covering the spur gear hole trap dirt, sand, ect. in the chassis exactly where you wouldn't want it?

Yes. But I run in such a sandy environment and noticed I hit quite a few sand bumps exactly where the spur gear slot was resulting in the spur gear actually ‘scooping’ sand inwards. So covering it actually gave me less sand/dirt inside than leaving it open. My spur and pinion last longer now.👍

Yes. But I run in such a sandy environment and noticed I hit quite a few sand bumps exactly where the spur gear slot was resulting in the spur gear actually ‘scooping’ sand inwards. So covering it actually gave me less sand/dirt inside than leaving it open. My spur and pinion last longer now.👍
Makes total sense. Lesser of the two evil's. Got it. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back