Any HOTA D6+ charger owners with old firmware?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBait

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Looking for some charger help. Just got the Hota D6+. It is running on SW version 1.0.15.
Charger works fine except it does the super annoying fan cycling on and off even when it isn't doing any charging functions. Does anyone have the older firmware files that they could send me? The Hota website only provides the latest.
Thanks!

Yep that is the reason I decide to check as coincidentally there was this post. Site does not say anything except that it is the latest. Guess they have not yet uploaded or else my version is specific to mine which may be newer and hence different. Seems to be working well though. Second set of Lipos I am charging, one that just got delivered with unbalanced cells. It recognised the Lipo and started a 5A charge but then eventually went down. Now it is slow charging as initially one of the cells was only 3.899 for a long time. Now I see them sort of getting in line. But it is at 1A now. It went down automatically and then I had to take the charger outside so that I am not worried of any mishap happening. Guess still a bit paranoid about Lipos and the You Tube videos of exploding Lipos!!
Stay with what you have. I still run 1.0.11 (D6 +) or something like that, only because of the annoyance of the fans kicking in and out when doing storage charge mode. Do not downgrade, some other fixes might be needed for the newer models. Since they do not disclose the changes, it's impossible to tell.

I might try out the latest just for fun

Yes, balancing a lipo will be slow on any charger. HOTA does a pretty good job on those bad ones. Can't go wrong doing it safe, I charge all mine outside but never had a bad experience. Enjoy the hobby!

I checked the site and they have a newer firmware, 1.0.21 and I was wondering if anyone had negative experience with this version before I update.

I am also wondering about others that have done the 1.0.21 firmware update.

Don't think there is a difference between the prior version (15 or 16??) and 21. Onl;y difference might be a change in parts that required a firmware change i.e. do not downgrade.
If it works fine, don't muck with the firmware.

Back