Any HOTA D6+ charger owners with old firmware?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBait

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Looking for some charger help. Just got the Hota D6+. It is running on SW version 1.0.15.
Charger works fine except it does the super annoying fan cycling on and off even when it isn't doing any charging functions. Does anyone have the older firmware files that they could send me? The Hota website only provides the latest.
Thanks!

Hey folks,
Looking for some charger help. Just got the Hota D6+. It is running on SW version 1.0.15.
Charger works fine except it does the super annoying fan cycling on and off even when it isn't doing any charging functions. Does anyone have the older firmware files that they could send me? The Hota website only provides the latest.
Thanks!
Go Gators!

Was charging a 6S pack on the Hota the other day. Plugged it into channel one and menu showed info for channel two and couldn't program the lipo. So plugged it into channel two and the opposite once again.

So said great, a new charger with issues already, so grabbed my other charger. Then a week or so later grabbed the Hota and no issues. Electronics are a bit**.

I'd exchange it if it's new. No issues with mine but nothing is bulletproof.
It's new enough but nothing I could send back anyway. That one stupid glitch, that's it. I like it, just wish it had a bigger screen. 👁👁

It's new enough but nothing I could send back anyway. That one stupid glitch, that's it. I like it, just wish it had a bigger screen. 👁👁
Out of all the chargers I've had, my isdt q6 plus is the most flaky with the HTRC-H150ACDCDuo being a close second and hitec D7 coming in 3rd. Never had one of the hota's though. My dynamite DYNC2050 (4x100w) and Revolectrix GT500's are solid work horses though. Have had the dynamite for 4 years, always on AC power and always charge at 10A x 4. That thing is a tank!

Good to hear I am not the only one having problems with V1.0.15. I loaded 1.0.15 and the fans did not sound right, I had an old download of 1.0.6 so just loaded that and it's back to normal. Anyone know if there is a change log for the changes of the versions? Was looking on Hota's site and didn't find anything.

Good to hear I am not the only one having problems with V1.0.15. I loaded 1.0.15 and the fans did not sound right, I had an old download of 1.0.6 so just loaded that and it's back to normal. Anyone know if there is a change log for the changes of the versions? Was looking on Hota's site and didn't find anything.
Would it be at all possible to share your 1.0.6 file? I would greatly appreciate it :)

Bluetooth etc works fine even with the oldest firmware I have (1.09). The App is doing all that and that one is slowly getting better.
I tried it but even with full functionality it's not something I would use. the Iphone version is slightly better (or was when I tried).
The initial version came in full Chinese :ROFLMAO:
Hello can i have this update too?

Or who can i downloade this?

Sorry for my not so gut englisch

Thank you, I already knew that
But I would like the older version like the one above in the Dropbox for the hota d6+
1.0.6 but unfortunately the link above is no longer free

Thank you, but I wanted that. 06 I'm trying to update because of the app on Android at the. 11 version unfortunately this does not work

I'm confused, but that is ok. The firmware works with Bluetooth since 1.06 and is unchanged, to my knowledge, through .11 and above.
The app itself has changed, but there is no version that I could track. If the app doesn't work, it has nothing to do with the charger firmware, more a phone issue.

Which smartphone do you have?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my huawei bluetooth is recognized but cannot be found in the app
My smartphone uses Android
The app works with Apple smartphones

I thought it was because of the update version but thank you very much

@ zuma thanks for the link I download it and see if it works

Thanks for your quick help and greetings from Germany

Hello everyone, I've got the D6+ and was wondering if one of you can assist me with changing the language to english...I cannot find the option even with Google translate.

Thanks.

Edit: I found it...not sure how I missed it from the start. disregard this post.

Cheers.

Edit2: It seems I'm experiencing the same fan issue as some of you here. I noticed on the left side of the case near the front it gets warm. Is this why the small fan is constantly on? Also, anyone know why it's getting warm there?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Just got my Hota D6 Pro today from Banggod. Must say pretty pleased. My software says SW: 1.0.40? Is this the old version. Yes I have been on the site but do not see much details and I have downloaded their "prg" The version mentioned on the is site1.0.38 so is this older than what I have installed? If I install it then I have no way of getting back to the new one. Any body has any ideas? Many thanks.
IMG20210829022115.jpg
IMG20210829022115.jpg

Stay with what you have. I still run 1.0.11 (D6 +) or something like that, only because of the annoyance of the fans kicking in and out when doing storage charge mode. Do not downgrade, some other fixes might be needed for the newer models. Since they do not disclose the changes, it's impossible to tell.

I might try out the latest just for fun.

Back