Typhon Any interest in a list ranking everyone's personal bests on the forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Donut Man

Speed runner on a budget...if that's even possible
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey speed runners! I'm curious: would anyone else enjoy seeing a list of everyone's PBs on here? A Facebook group I'm part of has a document ranking the fastest speeds of each member, and for me the competitive spirit has been a great motivator to keep pushing. I would love to see if we could bring that same idea to the forum! I would be willing to head up creating a list and updating it regularly as people post new PBs. Maybe if it catches on we could make it a sticky thread?

I think you missed my intention a bit; I’m proposing a list ranking users by their top speed. For example, #1: Philip Jolley at 165mph, #2: JonDilly at 137mph, etc. It’s basically taking the content of the “Speed Runners~How Fast Did You Go Today” thread and boiling it down into a list of only the new records, not just whatever speed you ran. That way speed runners can glance at the list and see who their competition is. Just a thought because we don’t have anything like that!

I think it's an awesome idea! And I agree it gives us all a chance to see what everyone else is running for competition to push for that next PB and move up the list. You already know I'm at 112mph on 6s stock spektrum motor/MMX8S. I think also it would be good to group by setup and not just 4s/6s/8s as someone running a TP 4050 is not the same as me with spektrum 4074 etc.

@Doom! and @Edough13 I was thinking it would be most straightforward to organize by user; that way there’s only one master list for people to reference. I would include the chassis (Limitless/Infraction, Typhon 3S, Typhon 6S, etc.), the cell count, and the body style (open wheel vs. GT). Thoughts?

Honestly since there’s some interest I’ll start going through and compiling the PBs already posted. That way it’ll be easy to rank them whether we go by user or setup 😎

That would be a great idea as well! Awesome look forward to seeing everyones numbers and making mine jump😜 Had to go with 32/29😱 so next PB should be a good size jump maybe a +10🤞

This is the gist of what I'm thinking of...

@Mr.Duke how do you feel about me making a sticky thread for this? Maybe with commenting turned off so it's only for viewing as runs are added?
1615318761699.png

Last edited:

@Mr.Duke how do you feel about me making a sticky thread for this? Maybe with commenting turned off so it's only for viewing as runs are added?
View attachment 130832
add me to this list, i have a 100 mph limitless, 8s open wheel. if you need video evidence check out me yt channel. thanks

add me to this list, i have a 100 mph limitless, 8s open wheel. if you need video evidence check out me yt channel. thanks
Just so you're aware, there are some generally recognized rules for what counts as a "good" run:
  • Show the GPS zeroed out before the run starts
  • Make a clean pass without crashing and drive the car back to the starting location
  • Show the GPS after the car has stopped
Crashes can make the car flip and spin in the air which messes up the GPS reading, so unfortunately I can't count that run. But your other video at the racetrack is okay for now! I couldn't quite make out the reading, though; was that run 94mph?

Also, if people want to show their cell count, I'll be able to tell from the balance plug if it's a single pack and the combined balance plugs if it's 4S in series.

EDIT: Another rule is that those three steps are shown in a single unedited clip.

Last edited:
Just so you're aware, there are some generally recognized rules for what counts as a "good" run:
  • Make a clean pass without crashing and drive the car back to the starting location
Crashes can make the car flip and spin in the air which messes up the GPS reading, so unfortunately I can't count that run. But your other video at the racetrack is okay for now! I couldn't quite make out the reading, though; was that run 94mph?

Also, if people want to show their cell count, I'll be able to tell from the balance plug if it's a single pack and the combined balance plugs if it's 4S in series.
yes, it was 94 mph. thanks.

View attachment 130832
Sweeeet! I made the list. I like that you included both mph and kmh. Note for mine, T6S is stretched. I'm bookmarking this until it gets it's own sticky. Nicely done @The Donut Man. It took a fair bit of reading to compile this list. Maybe it would help if people dm'd you when they set a new record or eclipse their own. This way we can all help to keep the stats relevant and not have to rely on you to continuously searching for the posts. Even tagging @The Donut Man on future posts would help. Let's do this!

EDIT: Another rule is that those three steps are shown in a single unedited clip.
Or people can just not lie in an effort to get on the list. Btw, I hit 138 mph over the weekend with a brushed Granite. Now where is that photo:unsure:🤪

yes, it was 94 mph. thanks.
Sweeeet! I made the list. I like that you included both mph and kmh. Note for mine, T6S is stretched. I'm bookmarking this until it gets it's own sticky. Nicely done @The Donut Man. It took a fair bit of reading to compile this list. Maybe it would help if people dm'd you when they set a new record or eclipse their own. This way we can all help to keep the stats relevant and not have to rely on you to continuously searching for the posts. Even tagging @The Donut Man on future posts would help. Let's do this!

Or people can just not lie in an effort to get on the list. Btw, I hit 138 mph over the weekend with a brushed Granite. Now where is that photo:unsure:🤪
Noted fellas; thanks! My hope was to keep tabs on the sticky thread we already have and update the list weekly or monthly, but DMs work just as well!

Thanks for putting this together, I think it is long over due. Will this be limited to Arrma only cars? (I am building a custom belt drive car currently)
This list below really illustrates how I need to run my cars instead of building things all the time....

- Typhon GT 8s BLX2050kv motor - 119mph Video Link
- Limitless open wheel 2s - 86 mph Video link

Maybe also some category for stock Arrma electronics given that a lot of us attempt that?

- Stock electronics Kraton 6s - 96 mph video link

Non-Arrma / truck / large scale category:

- X-Maxx 8s - 72.5 mph Video link

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together, I think it is long over due. Will this be limited to Arrma only cars? (I am building a custom belt drive car currently)
This list below really illustrates how I need to run my cars instead of building things all the time....

- Typhon GT 8s BLX2050kv motor - 119mph Video Link
- Limitless open wheel 2s - 86 mph Video link

Maybe also some category for stock Arrma electronics given that a lot of us attempt that?

- Stock electronics Kraton 6s - 96 mph video link

Non-Arrma / truck / large scale category:

- X-Maxx 8s - 72.5 mph Video link
I was originally going to include only Arrma platforms, but if it's got a top speed on the forum, I'll count it! Excited to see your belt-driven project if you decide to share it. The list is updated and you're now sprinkled throughout :cool:

I like the stock electronics category idea; the only thing is it would be tricky to compile all those numbers unless people DM'ed them or responded in this thread. Do you have any idea who's running the stock electronics?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back