Any list of motor bearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resurrecting this thread as the op question was not really answered and I too am interested. What are the sizes of the 3s, 4s, 6s motors bearings? I'm sure someone knows.

These are my go-to bearings.
https://www.avidrc.com/

Good website but I can't see where Avid list what the bearing are for or just a list of motor bearings.

Resurrecting this thread as the op question was not really answered and I too am interested. What are the sizes of the 3s, 4s, 6s motors bearings? I'm sure someone knows.

Good website but I can't see where Avid list what the bearing are for or just a list of motor bearings.
Tbr has some in kits. You can get the dimensions from there. Fast eddy has some also I believe. I ordered the tbr

Last edited:
Some of the 3200kv motors have been coming with a 5X16X5 bearing in the front check your sizes before ordering.

Yes exactly abec 7. Abec 5 are the bare min and most times still not enough. You wouldn't put cheap parts on your rig so why put cheap parts in the heart of it. I saw a good 10° temp drop when I upgraded. Much quieter as well

Agree. I notice temps the highest at the ends of the motor. Bearings get super hot. Over lubing alone can often over heat an otherwise good bearing also. Because the balls will slide on its race instead of roll when under load.

Abec 7's if you can find them. Remove the OE lube and use your own. Sometimes they come dry. need to check.
I've been using nothing but TRBRC Hybrid Ceramics in all of my motors. I've been trying to find bearings on Bocas website but that is a friggin nightmare.

I've been using nothing but TRBRC Hybrid Ceramics in all of my motors. I've been trying to find bearings on Bocas website but that is a friggin nightmare.

Hybrid Ceramics , that's what I was looking at.
I don't know whats best for a motor but if I'm going to bother stripping them down, I want to put the best quality bearings possible without going too overboard on price.

Which ones ya looking for. I have that site figured out lol
Hybrid Ceramics , that's what I was looking at.
I don't know whats best for a motor but if I'm going to bother stripping them down, I want to put the best quality bearings possible without going too overboard on price.
An abec 7 hybrid is what you are gonna be looking for. Boca make maintenance free ones.
I prefer the hybrid stainless with a teflon seal. Crazy rpm specs, no rust and super clean seal. I don't want to have to worry at all. They will probably out last the motor at this point lol

Which ones ya looking for. I have that site figured out lol
It's not so much finding the size, it's trying to find the right bearing once I type in the size, some searches bring up 80 different bearings all in the same size and you have to click on each one to get even a tiny description of what that specific bearing is. https://www.bocabearings.com/search?w=4x8x3

Yeah Boca will get you dizzy for sure and you faint when you find what you need and pay out the @ss crazy prices.

You can search by rating as well. Do you know your size?
Mine just gives me price or popularity.
4x8x3.
Yeah Boca will get you dizzy for sure and you faint when you find what you need and pay out the @ss crazy prices.
$5.60 a piece for those tiny little 4x8x3 bearings.....................

Last edited:
Its going to cost me more than the cost of a new motor to buy just 2x abec7 hybrid bearings from the US (Boca for example) so I will source them from home, Australia.

How does this sound:

5x16x5mm Ceramic Bearing – Rubber Seals
ABEC 7. Chrome Steel Rings and retainer, PA46 retainer used in larger sizes. Si3N4 Ceramic Balls.

or

5x16x5mm EMQ Premium Ceramic Hybrid Bearing – Metal Shields – MR625zzCEMQ
EMQ (Electric Motor Quality) Premium Ceramic Hybrid Bearing with Contactless Metal Shields. The EMQ range of Plaig Bearings are a Premium Quality range of Precision Bearings specifically designed for Brushless Motors. Noise reduction & Precise Tolerances along with high quality materials ensure the EMQ range of bearings are fit for purpose. The Ceramic Hybrid Brushless Motor Bearings are designed with Si3N4 Ceramic Balls with Chrome Steel rings / retainer.

Note: the second one is metal shielded but designed for elec motors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back